Monday, November 02, 2009

Corn and Pumpkins...Oh My!

As you could tell from my weekly blog updates, I've been working a lot lately! Three weekends in a row in fact. So, I'm relieved at the fact that I get this week off from working late-night stuff (finally a break)! This last one was tough. We had 5 events this weekend and they were pretty demanding on me (i.e. hauling 200 massive pumpkins all over the place, lots of room setups, keeping track of 100 crazy college students on an outing to Charlotte, etc). It was tiring. But, somehow it was one of the most fun weekends I've had in a while and luckily there was daylight savings in there somewhere that gave me an extra hour of sleep. 

Saturday, Jeff and I went to this really cool public farm called Rural Hill (apparently started by the Davidson family in the 1700s). Very cool! They had a huge Maize Maze and we spent the afternoon collecting our map pieces and frolicking in the corn. Other than having to carry around an annoyingly large flag in case we got lost, it was actually really fun. I do have to admit that the best part was the fact that they had fair food there. Oh my, there is nothing better than getting a freshly dipped and fried corn dog! Aww, it was heaven.





























Then, we headed home to very quickly carve pumpkins. I know that's sad, but we'd been really busy with Jeff taking a section of the CPA exam last Thursday, starting his new job last Friday, and me never being home. Sadly, I tried to get artistic and failed miserably by carving Midas' face into a pumpkin (which I was incidentally still doing when the first few trick-or-treaters arrived), while Jeff opted for a Wofford-themed pumpkin. They were both pretty terrible. But, judge for yourself. At least mine didn't get us asked 80 times if we were big George W fans... ha!















Sunday, I slept in a bit, we went to one of our favorite breakfast spots (The Egg), and then went to look at a house we liked in Madison Park (1970's neighborhood in Charlotte that we like) that we've liked for a while and just reduced it's price. We checked that one out again and drove around some of the surrounding neighborhoods looking at some other houses. I think we've decided that if we move to Charlotte we're going to mainly look in Madison Park though. Then, we hoped over to SouthPark since we were in the area to say hey to my mom who was picking out a couple of baby presents. We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (yummy!) before I had to head back to work for a bit last night. Sadly, when we got home, we finally looked at the listing agents website for the house (as opposed to zillow) we like and it's under contract now...boo. So much for that one.

See, eventful huh! Well this week should be pretty boring. Jeff's in Raleigh all week for work and work's going to be pretty quiet for me this week. I've got a bunch of dance stuff going on though since I agreed to be in the Dance Ensemble show this weekend. I'm not sure I'm really looking forward to being back on stage again. But, we'll see how that goes. Should be interesting. I'm actually off now to find a nude leotard somewhere before dress rehearsal tomorrow.   

2 comments:

  1. Umm... you saw my pumpkin, right? I'm amazed at your artistic skills! If that's a hurried pumpkin, I'd love to see one thats not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Maybe next year I'll put in some effort.

    ReplyDelete