Monday, November 30, 2009

Full of Thanks!

I thoroughly enjoy Thanksgiving! This year was like Thanksgiving on crack, but it's all good. Here's a rundown of the past few days (prepare for craziness)...

Wed afternoon: Took the afternoon off. Ran all over Davidson with a realtor looking at some townhouses. We may crack and buy something. The prices have really come down and we're ready to be in a place of our own (with a dishwasher and more than one bathroom). But, it's still really early in the game. We're scoping out our options right now.

Wednesday evening: Packed up the pup and we're off to Columbia!

Thursday: a little parade watching, a bit of dog show fun (with Midas barking at the lab, golden, and basset varieties), yummy thanksgiving dinner #1 with my extended fam (I wish we all got together more), and lots of lounging.

Friday: Off to Hendersonville for Thanksgiving #2 with Jeff's fam. After two days of stuffing my tummy, I've come to the conclusion that I really think I could eat turkey every day of my life.

Saturday morning (VERY EARLY): Back to Columbia for a bit of tailgating and one exciting Carolina-Clemson game! Yay gamecocks for actually winning a game I went to. It's been forever since I've seen them beat Clemson in person! I do have one beef with the game though. So, there was this one pump em' up techno song they kept playing over and over. Sure it got the student section going nuts every time. But, by the 4th quarter, it was really getting old for me. But, they can play it all they want if it means a win like that! 

Saturday night: Amazing dinner out with the parental units at Motor Supply. I haven't been there in years. And, if you're in the Columbia area, you have to go. It was soooo good.

Sunday: With a yummy breakfast at home and then a quick lunch at Grouchos on our way out of town...we headed back to Davidson. After unpacking and getting settled we went down to hang and have dinner with Adam and Stacey in Charlotte. I'm thoroughly impressed that they have their house completely decorated for Christmas already. I'm jealous. Not a thing has been done to ours yet. 

But, I have a thing about not decorating until after Thanksgiving...so I'm giving myself a little reprieve since we've been away. The goal for tonight was to get the tree up. But, it's raining, so I'm not sure it's going to get pulled from the storage unit into the house in this mess. All I need is a soggy faux tree. Maybe tomorrow night.

I'll keep you posted. This week will be filled with final Christmas shopping, house decorating, and more potential future home visits. 

2 comments:

  1. I will forward your complaint to the director of marketing there, since I know him very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just give him a note for next year that it would be appreciated if they used that techno nonsense more sparingly. Thanks Dwayne!

    ReplyDelete