I'm also sick of the judges telling the choreographers how wonderful and brilliant their numbers were. No they weren't. They were bad. But, you all won't man up and say that because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I understand you have to work with these people on a regular basis, but you don't have to lie and say how fabulous they all are because we all know it's bull.
Additionally, there was also something off with the solo taping. They obviously did it right after they taped the duets because all the other contestant's were still in their duet outfits in the front row of the audience during the solo performances. But, when they announced the bottom four, everyone was in different outfits. So that was obviously done later, which was weird. Something was just off in the editing. I hate when they do these weird taped shows. And, it was pointless to do the choreography show if no one was going to get to vote. It was basically just an extension of Vegas week that they tried to make seem like a normal week. I was not fooled.
I'm just not happy about any of it right now. I'm giving it one more week for the season and if they don't step up their game, I'm done for the rest of it. Additionally, if Paula Abdul comes on this show, I'm turning the channel immediately. I already have to fast forward through the dribble Mary Murphy throws out there after each dance. Paula, you're a deal breaker for me.
I don't have any favorites yet because they were all blah to me. I'm done talking about it for now and sad that my favorite show is apparently falling apart.
While I completely understand what you're saying, I hope you keep watching because I love reading your opinions after each week! N one else I know watches this show so I have no one to "compare notes" with! We seem to have similar opinions about a lot of things. I HATE the new stage and all the distracting lighting, I am really tired of Tyce & his boring choreography and I haven't seen anyone this season so far that I'm a big fan of. I really hope this season gets better, I'm not ready to give up hope yet! :)
ReplyDeleteAsh - it was just plain HIDEOUS. I was bored, I was actually bored. I've never been bored during one of the performance shows. Sure, I tend not to like to watch the waltzes that much but there's usually always a contemporary or hip hop piece to bring me back. This was just plain boring. None of the pieces were good if you ask me. I thought the Travis Wall one was ok but it could have been so much better with a better female dancer. That tapper girl just couldn't cut it. And what's with all the people leaving or getting hurt??? That's never really happened before (except for Jessie a few seasons ago who had some sort of heart issue). And that poor Brandon guy who was told he didn't make the top 20, then was brought back, had to do a waltz, and then was kicked off. What a tough ride for that guy. And is it just me, or are none of the dancers attractive this season? I know that sounds shallow but come on, people didn't like Jeanine and Brandon for their dancing only. The only one who has hope in my mind is Channing but I'm sure they will boot her off too. And I HATE Adam being the third permanent judge. I liked how they used to change it up every now and then. Oh well.
ReplyDelete