Saturday before last, Jeff and I headed over to Hendersonville. We had a relaxing day and cooked some dinner for Jeff's family upon their arrival with the U-Haul. The Owen clan has officially moved into The Bat Cave, as we so affectionately call the new mountain home. Jeff's dad retired from his chemistry post at Murray State in June and his mom will continue working as a pharmacist for CVS in the Hendersonville area. But, they've been slowly moving stuff into the place over the last year or so.
They were so excited to finally be there for good! We spent Monday unpacking the U-Haul and I managed to read an entire book in one day, impressive for me since I'm the slowest reader in the entire world. Here's a pic of the empty U-Haul, the Owen clan, and Midas. Tuesday we had a yummy lunch at 12 Bones, a BBQ place between Hendersonville and Asheville. Then, Jeff and I headed back to Davidson for the evening to check on Jeff's garden. It's getting huge! Actual tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers have begun to form. I'm thoroughly impressed with his gardening abilities because I inherited a black thumb from my mom.
Wednesday, we headed down to Columbia to
hang with the fam. We spent the afternoon in the pool where Midas has decided that floating on a raft is his new preferred method of relaxation. He'll just lie there and float around the pool. Both incredibly lazy and adorable at the same time.
The rest of the week consisted of a visit from my Aunt Kathy and Danny and their two pooches, yummy lunch at the Gourmet Shoppe (toasted brie, my fav), watching movies, going to get peaches in Gilbert, checking out the new Farmers Market in Columbia (can't wait to cook my speckled grits), correctly deciphering that Karla and Vitolio would be kicked off of SYTYCD (side note: Jeanine rocked her solo), watching lots of Wimbledon, and selecting the perfect fireworks for the 4th. Below are some pics from our display! Overall, it was a nice, relaxing vacation! And, I'll be back in Cola next weekend for English's nuptials! Can't wait!
You'd be proud of me! I watched Wimbledon too for the very first time!
ReplyDelete