Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Off

So, originally, I was supposed to head to Nashville this weekend and reunite with my grad school ladies. But, plans kind of fell through. One of the crew couldn't come because of law school exams this week. That led me to back out and suggest another weekend in August when we could all get together. And, to be honest, I needed a weekend at home to regain some sleep and sanity at my house. It was a lovely weekend of laundry, a bit of cleaning, pigs in a blanket at the Original Pancake House, a hint of shopping at South Park (oh how I love the Anthropologie), and doing lots of nothing. 

Yesterday, Jeff and I took a break from my relaxation and headed to Crowders Mountain State Park. Jeff's mom gave us this great book, Best Hikes With Dogs in North Carolina, so we decided to try out one of them at Crowders because it's only about 35 minutes from us. It was an unseasonably mild day out and the trail was full of dogs. Midas loves to hike and really enjoyed the trip. It was only a 3 mile trip, but you could see all the way to Charlotte from the top. Pretend that the picture you see was taken by my camera because that's definitely what it looked like. It's lovely up there. You'd also have some cute pictures of our pup on the hike and the gorgeous butterflies we saw if a certain someone (eh huh Mr. Owen) hadn't forgotten to turn off my camera and run the batteries dead and not noticed. Oh well, we're going to head back soon and I'll be sure to show you pictures from our next trip out there.

4 comments:

  1. Glad y'all went to Crowder's, it's a great hike! I'm sure Midas pup enjoyed it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how when there is only one comment is says, "1 Comments" ... you think that programmers could come up with something to combat that stuff - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you would notice that. You and your OCD grammar. Maybe you could use that observant behavior to figure out how to post unanonymously (yes I made up that word).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... I am at work, discretely catching up with you, via your blog, when 34 screens of your blog popped up one on top of the other... I would say it is definitely a Monday morning, but it is in fact Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete