Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Shout-out Time















So, I feel I have to send a public shout-out to Jeff for this one. For over a year, I've been talking about how I want to fix up my old bike from when I was a teenager so that I can ride it to work and just around town. So, we finally got the bike out from under my parents old house a good while back and I'd done nothing with it. So, Monday, I came home from work and Jeff surprised me with a well-oiled, no longer covered in cobwebs and rust, and tire-inflated restored bike. I know what you're thinking people... it is indeed purple and teal. I was 13 and it was 1997, let it go folks. We learn to live with the choices we make. 

So, Jeff and I went for a ride around town. I do feel that you need to picture this clearly though...Jeff was in his full-out road biking gear on his nice Specialized road bike and I'm on my 1997 Walmart jewel. Ha! It must be fun to watch us. The best thing was that at approximately 1 mile into the ride, I thought I was going to pass out. But, we're gonna let the fact that I'm extremely out of shape go too. Oh well, it'll come back to me soon. So, shout out to Jeff for my lovely surprise!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout-out, but i still think you should get a road bike so we can take some longer excursions~~~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out Lance Armstrong!!! Livestrong Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a bike so bad! I can't decide if I would really REALLY use it though.

    ReplyDelete