That time has come people, you now get to decide who you actually like instead of the judges picking their "well-rounded" group of ten. Will they crack under the pressure? Will they bomb because of a bad partner pairing? I'm so excited to see.
I didn't get to watch it live last night because we were just getting home from Harry Potter (cue the "dun duh duh dun de dun dun" music now) at around 9:15. Side note: movie was good, but not much happened other than the fact that they've decided they want to be in relationships and setting up for the last book. But, really you can't go wrong with some Potter wizardry. Not the best of the series, but definitely worth seeing.
Back to SYTYCD. Overall, I thought it was a pretty strong evening as far as the choreographers were concerned.
I loved the Travis Wall piece!!! It was up there for me with Mia's addiction piece last week and the Melissa and Ade number from the first show. Just really creative movements and lifts...loved it. I thought both group numbers were strong too. I'm not a huge Twyla Tharp fan and I understand Tyce was channeling her original Hair choreography, but I would have been happy with a more current interpretation of the music. But, Melissa and Brandon did well with what they were given and I was still entertained by it.
Eh- Jeanette and Ade's hip hop was okay, but not my fav. They just weren't together as much as I'd like and I'm never a huge fan of a striptease in the middle of a dance, but it wasn't horrible.
Hated- Kayla and Evan, but this might not be their fault. After sitting at so many dance competitions during the 90's, I can no longer listen to Seal's Kiss from a Rose without wanting to hurt someone. All I can see when it plays is bad choreography and sickled feet. Aww, it hurts. So, the moment it started playing last night (Jeff can attest), I just started cringing. I could barely even watch it. It didn't help that the dance was pretty terrible too. She has lovely lines, but there was no chemistry there in the least. Sorry, Evan, I think you're in trouble. You have to be able to support a partner and you're just making the girls look silly. Trying to "dance tall" doesn't mean you are tall.
But, who was the worst you ask...Kupono and Randi! What the heck was that?? He acted like she was a disease he didn't want to touch. He kept dropping her and would not support her in the least. Not that she was doing so well either. They both ran out of gas about 45 seconds into the dance. I'm not even going to go into the costumes. Awful.
Also, I liked the addition of the solos last night. Did they do solos on the Wednesday night broadcasts last year? I can't remember. The only time I remember them doing that was when they all performed the same Wade Robson routine to Waiting on the World to Change. Anywho, instead of going into all of them in detail, I've ranked my view of the solo performances below.
1. Ade
2. Brandon
3. Kayla
4. Jeanine
5. Jeanette
6. Jason
7. Melissa
8. Evan
9. Randi
10. Kupono
Overall, I think Kupono and Randi are heading home due to the bad couple dance and their weak solos. Evan is soon to follow, but I think his personality will help him out for another week.
No comments:
Post a Comment