Apparently, Wednesdays are my "catch up with the blog" days. Did I mention it's orientation season?? The students are due to arrive in 20 days and my orientation leaders arrive back on campus in 16 days. So, life around here has kicked into high gear! Meetings, scheduling leaders for events, logistics, dealing with "special" parents who think they're children are "extra special." Really...I'm not complaining because I love orientation, but it's kept me quite busy this week. So, busy that I haven't gotten to fill you in on my fun weekend! Friday, we headed back to NODA for a fun-filled evening with the Perrows and Clements. We had yummy pizza at Revolution Pizza and then headed over to try out The Dog Bar. We were those weird people without any dogs (even though we all have dogs, they stayed at home that evening) and apparently this is the new spot to go if you're gay with a dog trying to meet someone. Not that there's anything wrong with that...just not what I was expecting. So, after a bit, we headed over to another bar in NODA (fun with a back porch and corn-hole, but can't remember the name). Fun times!

Saturday, I headed down to the metropolis of Columbia. Adamson was home in Chapin for the weekend and she'd stopped to get Rachel in Savannah on the way. So, I headed home to visit with them, since I haven't seen them since Rach's birthday extravaganza in May. We spent the afternoon out on the lake (fun and, yes, I got sunburned)!

Here are some pics of my pro friends water-skiing.
We went out that night and met up with some of Ash's friends, Corey, and Corey's Jeff at Liberty. Good times! I'll post pics from that once Corey sends them to me. They're fun. Sunday, I stopped at Corey and Jeff's moving party. They're headed to the ATL for Jeff's new job with Delta. I'm sad I won't get to see them when I come home now, but Adamson is moving back in December! So, I'll still have some Beta Alpha Beta love in Columbia soon.
the bar we went to after the dog bar was called "solstice"... i loved it -Jeff
ReplyDelete