
So maybe I'm a little biased, but I truly think I have some of the best friends in the whole world! And, this weekend, I was reminded how much fun we all have together, even though we don't get to see each other as much as we'd all like. I was lucky enough to grow up with friends who've become some of the most beautiful, smart, and talented young women I know. I have so many college friends who lost touch so quickly with their high school friends when they went off to college. I'm grateful that we've all managed to stay in touch and at least see each other a few times a year. We mainly reunite for weddings (or festivities related to weddings...and, recently, baby festivities), and this weekend was no exception. This time it was English's turn to make that trip down the aisle.

Jeff and I headed to Columbia after work on Thursday night. Ali's big 2-5 is coming up in a couple of days. So, she and one of her college roomies were having a joint 90's-themed birthday bash. So, we headed downtown with Katy for a bit to celebrate. I think the all 90's playlist on the ipod was just perfect! Ali's shoulder pads were also fabulous. The next day consisted of a bridal luncheon at Miyos (had never been there before, yummy sushi!) and the rehearsal dinner. Above is a pic of the bridal party after the rehearsal at the church.

After the rehearsal dinner, we decided to go out for a little bit. I forget how weird it is to go out in Columbia though. You run into a million people you know and forget that they live there. So, needless to say, we ended up staying out a good bit later than expected chatting it up and reconnecting with people. At the end of the night we realized we hadn't taken many pictures. So, a random photo shoot on Lady Street ensued. I'm not sure that "smell no evil" is legit, but the English can make anything work.
The actual day of the wedding was fun. We didn't have to be there until 2, and Enga was the calmest bride I've ever seen. The reception was hilarious. Only English could have pulled off having a reception at the children's museum. So much fun! Here's Jeff and I playing in the automobile area. And, there was definitely a good hour of us all of us playing in the pint-sized grocery store. In case you were wondering, you can ring Ali up at the register for $5.04. Sadly, my camera was in the car for that portion of the evening. After the wedding, we all headed out to Wild Wings with the bride and groom. We ended the night with a random trip to Wet Willies (ew, not my fav) and Waffle House (got to love yummy 2 am snacks).

Needless to say, three nights of fun-filled times = a great trip home! I'm so glad I'm living closer to home now because I've been able to go to more of these fun events. When I was living in Nashville, I just couldn't make the 8-hour drive as often and it really made me miss these girls. Also, it's great having Jeff in the same place now too. This was really the first time in the almost 6 years we've been dating that he's been able to come to one of these Irmo festivities with me and actually get to hang with my high school ladies. I think it was really neat for him how different, yet similar, we all are. I'm so looking forward to our next Irmo gathering!
What a great post! And you're right, you DO have the best friends. ;)
ReplyDeletei took all of those pics... minus the one where you are trying to douse (is that how you spell it?) me in gasoline -Jeff
ReplyDeleteYou also didn't take the one at the church...busted.
ReplyDelete