Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dancing Update

So, I've had a few people ask if I've returned to dance class again. The answer is yes. I bumped it up and went to Intermediate Ballet on Monday. It was much more like what I was used to getting from a ballet class. Much harder and more challenging than the beginner. About half of the class was about my age and had been keeping up their dancing. I was kind of jealous. The other half were actual a good bit older (one woman who looked about 50 and did the whole class en pointe...I was impressed). I definitely kept up, but I didn't feel completely comfortable with anything I was doing and could barely move yesterday I was so sore. My legs and back have been in for quite a shock with this return to the studio. I think they'd gotten used to the idea that that stage of my life was gone. So, what did I decide to do? I went to Beginner Ballet again last night. I've just learned that the best way to deal with dance soreness is to get back in there and stretch it out again. And, I did really well last night. My balance was back a little bit and some of my strength is coming back. The soreness is still there a little today, but give me a couple of weeks and I'll be back on top of my game again. And, most importantly, it's still fun! So, I'm sticking with it.

P.S. I know the picture is random, but I've been channeling Anna Pavlova since I started dancing again. She wasn't the best technically, but gosh darn it she loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment