Monday, June 28, 2010

A Cold Snap

Oh I wish I was talking about the weather. But, I'm not. I'm talking about a cold snap in my shower. Our water heater is broken and that is not cool when you step in your shower not expecting that! The plumber is coming today to fix it though. I am a little concerned that it only took 4 months to break in the first place. Hmm.

I also need to call the electrician because one of our smoke detectors has a red light (instead of green) and isn't responding to the "test" button. Sheez, home ownership!

Oh well. I'm hoping to have all of this fixed before I head off for some 4th of July celebrating/wedding planning/catch up with friends time next week.

This weekend was FUN! Friday we went to Epicentre for a goodbye sendoff party for one of our Davidson fellows (recent grads who serve 1-2 year terms as full-time staff in different departments across campus). We hung out at Howl at the Moon, dueling piano bar (equivalent of Big Bang for my Nashville peeps) with some work folks and our friend Daniel who came into town to hang for the weekend. Saturday, we watched the soccer game with one of our other fellows, Sena, who's from Ghana, at Jason's house. Sena was happy with the outcome. Everyone else, not so much. Then, we went over to Stacy's house for an evening of grilling, wine, dogs playing in kiddy pools, and long chats.

Needless to say, Jeff and I did NOTHING yesterday but watch free HBO (that was inexplicably running yesterday) and weedwack the backyard. We thought about going to the pool, but it was just too darn hot out. Oh, and I did watch this fascinating 2-hour expose on how Pixar was founded and got to where it is today on CNBC. It was such a fun weekend of actually being in town and getting nothing accomplished but hanging with friends.

That's all I've got for now! Later people!

1 comment: