We're actually down to 10 now. FYI, I've done some research and apparently the judges are going to decide who goes home until the last night. I think I'm okay with that because America typically gets it wrong (in my opinion). But, last week, the judges were wrong. So, we'll see how that goes.
Paso Doble (Cristina and Pasha) - She wasn't bad. They went way over budget on their lighting effects to make it look better than it was though, in my opinion. But, I didn't think they had any connection. She had the control and technique, but I didn't think the passion was there.
Contemporary Mandy Moore (Adechike and Allison): I've just decided that Adechike is a good partner, and not a great dancer. His lines just aren't that great. He just needs to shake it out and let go. Allison is a rock star. Some of her moments were really tough and she made it seem effortless.
Broadway (Alex and Lauren)- What's up with this??!! Horrid music and choreography, Tyce. It's like he tried to be Wade doing broadway and failed miserably. Fosse style doesn't work for me with just two people. And the 80's hip hop version of fosse with two people really didn't work for me. Oh Shankman! Thank you for calling out Tyce for not embodying the essence of Fosse. Completely not Alex's fault. So, I'm giving him a pass.
Jazz Travis Wall (Ashley and Mark)- I thought it was okay. Some of the lifts were just great! They are good partners. Loved the assisted pencil turn into the lift. I didn't like the song or the literal translations at moments in it. I thought the use of the beats in the song was unoriginal and he could have sped up the movement at points to make it more dynamic (which is why I think Nigel didn't see it as a jazz number). Nigel wanted to see her do jazz, but it's not like we haven't seen her do that already. She was in Sonya's jazz number in the opening show. I like her, so I want them to back off a little.
Krunk (Billy and Comfort) - Oh Billy Bell. He tried, but he is just so not hard hitting and cool. Lil C's face after the performance said it all. It was like watching a 12 year old do hip hop. Basic steps and bad execution.
Tango (Robert and Anya) -I didn't love it. It was like they were just going through the motions. He looked like he just wanted it to be over. Eh.
Contemporary Stacy Tookey (Melinda and Ade) - I was okay until she did that weird turn-jump-push back to the floor move and basically fell down on her rear. Weird. Her feet are just atrocious (either flat footed or turned in through most of it). I hated the part where they push against each other. I just didn't believe them. Oh judges...no, she was not gorgeous. She had a couple of moments of nice with a lot of boo in there.
Bollywood (Jose and Kathryn) - I like Bollywood and the dance was cute. I liked the idea. But, Kathryn just killed him. He looked very sluggish next to her and all her power. He did commit though. But, I'm kind of ready to be done with him.
Hip Hop (Lauren and Dominic)- I liked the choreography. I thought it was a fun interpretation of the music. And Lauren surprised me. She can hit really hard and had some lovely levels. I actually watched her more than Dominic. I'm not sure what the deal was when the judges were talking and she looked like a wounded puppy. I think she was so worried that she would be too bubbly like last week that she took it to the opposite extreme and just looked a little dazed.
Jazz Tyce (Kent and Courtney)- The intro was more entertaining than the dance. This looked like Tyce's bad attempt at being Sonja. It sounds bad, but I think Courtney was a little too big for him to partner with. He had trouble looking stable picking her up. They spent too much time walking around each other too instead of dancing. Boo Tyce.
Based on tonight, I think Adechike, Melinda, and Jose should be in the bottom three (I'd be fine with any of them leaving). But, I'm not sure what America's going to do this week because I didn't necessarily agree with the judges this week. I feel like America could also put Lauren, Christina, or Alex in the bottom because they aren't the best personalities. We'll see.
Here come the comments!!!
ReplyDeletePaso Doble - not bad. How could you go wrong with Pasha? Although it looked as though they got punk'd by the wardrobe department.
Adechike and Allison contemporary - I don't think he did any better this week. There were times were you could see him cheesily smiling from ear to ear. I think the real challenge for all the guys though is going to be being paired with Allison. She's phenomenal and totally steals the show each time I watch her.
Alex and Lauren Broadway - didn't like it. Ugly costumes again. Alex needs to work on his facials. Lauren looked "bigger" than him.
Ashley and Mark Jazz - I didn't think it was bad. I think Nigel came down too hard on Travis on air. If he didn't like the style/choreography, then talk to Travis after the show, not on air. I felt like I didn't get to see Ashley really dance though, it was just being thrown into lifts all the time. Don't get me wrong, they were great, but I want to see more of HER. They need to get her bangs out of her face too. But overall very good. She's gorgeous.
Billy and Comfort Krunk - yes, Lil C's face said it all! But in Billy's defense, he went for it and it was a tough routine because of the music which was just ugh! It's hard enough to do krunk but to do it to music without words is asking too much. Even Comfort didn't look super into it.
Robert and Anya tango - I thought the judges gave him way too much credit. He looked awkward as shit. She was on fire and I love her.
Melinda and Ade contemporary - ugh, ugh, ugh, and let me say it again, ugh! The theme was too far fetched and the costume was out of control. She did have nice lines every now and then, but her technique is really bad.
Jose and Kathryn Bollywood - I thought the judges should have given him more credit. I didn't think he was that bad. Yes, Kathryn had a lot more fire and spunk, but he wasn't as bad as they made it out to be.
Lauren and Dominic hip hop - this is the ONLY dance of the night that I actually rewound and watched again. They should have given her more credit. She hit it as hard as Comfort does and I thought she totally rocked it.
Kent and Courtney jazz - Another piece where I thought the judges were a little harsh. I thought Kent did a much better job this week. Yeah, Courtney is a little too much for him, but I still thought he did great.
I definitely think Melinda and Adechike should be in the bottom. I'm not really sure who the other person will be. I think the judges made a mistake last week and should have sent Melinda home. I don't know why they try to do this tap thing. Tap is a respected art, but this show is not designed for it.