So, I'm not sure if I like this "only pick 10" business. I think they left out a few good dancers in order to have variety. But, I'll see how it goes as the competition moves along. Maybe it just weeded out some more bad ballroom boys, etc. Which, now that I think about it, do they have any ballroom boys? NO! I bet Mary Murphy is screaming somewhere.
I really only have one favorite, which will be revealed later down the page after my views of those selected.
On a side note: They were scrolling that footage of the all-stars and I didn't realize that they're considering Comfort (remember, the really bad hip hop girl) as one of the all-stars. I'm pretty sure that whatever guy gets paired with her is in trouble.
Who Made It:
Girls
1. Christina Santana- salsa dancer; she's cute and good at salsa; but I wasn't as thrilled with her contemporary as the judges were. She seems very short and I'm not usually a fan of the shorter dancers, other than Janette from last summer who surprised me. But, I don't think she has as much spunk as Janette. We'll see how she does.
2. Lauren Froderman- contemporary; She's fun and quirky! For 18, she seems like a very mature dancer. She has amazing balance, great musicality, nice lines, and seems down to earth. I was a little obsessed with her solo and her rendition of that broadway routine. She actually made Tyce look like a good choreographer, and that's no small feat.
3. Ashley Galvan- maybe they didn't show her much, but I don't really remember her from the auditions or Vegas. From the short clip they showed, I think I'll like her. But, she wasn't as strong as Lauren and Alexie based on what I saw.
4. Melinda- she's a good tapper, but there's something weird and fake about her. I found it very odd that she pulled the old tapper into the whole reveal thing. It was a little dramatic for me. I think she'll be the first girl to go.
5. Alexie Agdeppa- they scared me with them showing her against Ryan because the judges seem to like Ryan a lot. But, wasn't a fan of Ryan (she looked odd to me and didn't emote much in her dancing). Alexie is very bubbly and from what I've seen she's got nice technique and spunk. I think she'll do well.
Boys
1. Jose Ruiz- Seems nice, but I don't think he's going to be able to handle ballroom. He surprised me with his contemporary though. It wasn't that bad.
2. Alex Wong- I'm not sure what all the fuss is about him. He looks like a good ballet dancer, but he's too tight and no personality in the other areas. Maybe he'll relax a little and loosen up, but I'm not really impressed with him outside of his genre.
3. Adechike Torbert- seems genuine and nice; good in contemporary, but has some of the same issues as Alex. He seems like a one note.
4. Kent Boyd- I really like him, beautiful technique. They're milking the "middle of no where" bit a little much. But, he seems genuinely surprised at the compliments and I do think he'll push himself to grow, which is nice to see in a dancer.
5. Robert- I don't have a clue who he is. Did they show him at all?
6. Billy Bell- I'm a little upset. I was so excited when they didn't pick him. I just don't get the obsession with him. He has nice lines, but his hands are really odd to me. He just doesn't seem like he puts much effort into what he's doing. And, he's just too prissy for me. Is he going to be able to lift a girl up? I'm not sure. Also, it seems a little silly to go to a top 10 show and then break your own rule and pick 11 the first time. Seems odd to me. And, I would have thought they'd done it with the girls and not the guys.
I'm Surprised They Didn't Make It:
I liked Adrian (contemporary boy) because he seemed technically strong, good in a variety of areas, and had a good personality. There were some boys I'd loose over him. I also liked Anthony. I'm not really sure why they didn't pick him. His lines were great and he'd be a great partner. Maybe they were worried about his injury, but I'm pretty sure there's a decent time delay from audition to now and he should be fine by now with a pulled hamstring. For the girls, I'm surprised they didn't pick Bridget or Jocelyn. They didn't show either of them much, but they were in the background and always looked like they were blowing everyone out of the water. Ehh, maybe the personality wasn't there.
Who's My Pick to Win It:
While I think Alexie and Kent may get some fan favorite votes, I think I'm going to like Lauren the best over the season. So, she's my pick. We'll see how it turns out! Yay!

:) She's my favorite so far, too! This coming from someone who doesn't dance, but has watched the show for years! Oh and I completely agree with the whole top 11 thing. I seriously would have thought if they were going to break the rule they would have broken it for the girls.
ReplyDelete