It's the one moment of the school year where there's no programming, but my students are still around. It's too quiet during the summer without them, but it's nice to have them around when programming is slower and you can appreciate their visits a little more than when you're running from meeting to meeting or event to event.
A little over a week ago, we had the Akon Concert. While the community was a little absent, 60% of the student body was there. And, they love it. So, while monetarily it could have been better, we were a big success with the students. Below are some pics.

Jason (my boss) and I were a little down on the Friday before the concert because despite publicizing the heck out of this thing on our end, the community was biting to buy tickets. As we commiserated, we got the news that our fall show offer went through! Woohoo!
So, I'm happy to finally announce (I've been holding in for too many days now...thank you record label) that Maroon 5 with opening acts Kris Allen (of American Idol fame) and V.V. Brown (latest British female star) are coming to Davidson on their fall tour on August 24th! Tickets go on sale to the public June 4!
Woohoo! One concert door closes and another one opens. I smell a sell out...


Um hook me up with tickets homeslice!! That sounds like a super great show!
ReplyDelete