Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What's Been Happening?

So I haven't updated in a while. We're going on Day 44 of home ownership and that's basically all we've been doing for the past 44 days...working or painting or building or taping or painting again. But, I think we're finally done painting for now. We still have to paint the powder bath downstairs and the master bath upstairs. But, everything else is done and I'm not sure what colors I want to paint those yet, so I'm good with them being white for the time being. We've ordered new rugs for the dining and living room. I can't wait until those come in! I think it'll really tie the place together. We're excited to stop decorating and messing with the house and start enjoying it. I'd say another couple of weeks and we'll have it under control. Can't wait! We're thinking about a house warming party for June 5th!

Other than that, we had lots of visitors last weekend! One of my good friends from grad school, Sarah, stayed with us Friday night since she was working at UNCC that day. Then, Jeff's aunt and uncle from Seattle stopped in to see us on their East coast vacation. They brought us a beautiful gardenia tree for our back yard. I'm kind of obsessed with it. I'm going to make Jeff plant it this weekend. Sunday night, we drove down to Columbia for a quick second to wish my amazing Aunt Linda a happy 50th birthday and spend a little time with the fam. I'm getting used to these monthly cookouts by the pool. I think they need to continue!

This week's been a little crazy. It's our LAST WEEK OF UNION BOARD EVENTS (can you tell I'm excited???). It's crazily culminating with a major concert featuring Akon and Shwayze. So, it's a little nutty around here. I'll be spending the next few days in stage building/dressing room creating/make crazy singing people and their entourages happy mode. Also, if you could find approximately 1000 of your closest friends to buy tickets that would be great so we don't go $30,000 in the hole on this thing. Oh well. Davidson's good for it. 

Is it Monday yet? 

After Monday, fun things happen. I'm planning fun trips for the summer, including those below:
  • May 15-16 Asheville for Tanya's wedding
  • May 22-31 Jeff and my Staycation 2010!! It will include trips to Columbia for Brooksie Boo's graduation and a trip to the mountains to see Jeff's folks and lots of afternoons of doing NOTHING!
  • June 18-20- Savannah for visitation with Rach and a wedding
  • July 17-19- Washington DC for a wedding and visit
  • July 30-Aug 1- Ft. Lauderdale with the Irmo girls to visit Betsy!
Ah I love the summer time! One more week and I'm free.

No comments:

Post a Comment