Friday night, I was super productive (no really, I feel amazing after accomplishing so much). I got a car wash (first once since before the move...it feels amazing to not drive around with the remnants of moving [ie needles from a fake christmas tree, random screws that should probably be holding together some piece of furniture, etc). Then, I drove down to pick up some touchup paint for the ceilings after our house's project manager informed me that you can only get it at this one place. But, hey, when I got there they gave it to me for free! Can't beat that. Then, Jeff and I went down to South Park for my 6:15 appt with the Genius Bar at the Apple Store. My laptop battery has been dead for a few months now and I've just now gotten around to getting it fixed. By 6:25, it was all fixed. Since we were already there, we decided to have a dinner (with all of the NRA convention attendees) at the Cheesecake Factory. It was super yummy and the people watching was unparalleled. I went home, played on my laptop now that I can actually use it while it's not plugged into the wall (ah freedom), and painted over all my goofups on the ceilings from our painting escapades. I'm telling you, I felt like a new woman when I moved all of the painting supplies to the garage. We only have two more rooms to paint (the downstairs powder bath and the master bath), but we're holding off until later this summer to paint those. So, we're done painting for now!
Saturday, Jeff and I spent the morning at the Farmer's Market (i love that place) and grocery shopping. Jeff had folks over and grilled out for most of the afternoon while I went to Amanda's baby shower for little Henry! John Dickson, her first born, stole the show (dancing to Miley Cyrus, rocking on his new alligator seesaw, etc). I'm pretty sure he's going to make great use of the Munchkin music maker I gave Henry until Henry actually arrives. Sadly, I forgot my camera that day and will have to wait for facebook posts to show you pics.
After the party, I headed back to the cookout. We had a quick early dinner with Adam and Stacey and then headed off to the mountains of Hendersonville! We had another great late supper with Jeff's parents followed by an intense game of Phase 10 (I almost came back and beat Jeff's dad at the last minute, but no luck). We had a lazy Sunday morning of eating out on the deck, getting Jeff a fishing license, finding Jeff's grandmother's china from the 50's that we're going to use (it's actually really pretty...and I'm picky...), etc. Late afternoon, we drove over to Asheville to our first wedding of the summer for a friend of mine from college. It's always so fun to have a mini homecoming at these things. Despite the short monsoon as everyone went to the reception (the poor wedding party was soaked), it was a great event! I only wish we could have stayed longer. Below are some pics...enjoy!
Jeff's been looking for an excuse to break out the seersucker
A good chunk of the pledge class was there
My one and only roomie!
Me and Cor!
ZTA pic with the bride and groom
No comments:
Post a Comment