Back to the blog anniversary... I just have to give myself a shoutout for actually keeping it up this long. Most journals I've started ended after about 4 days. And, most of my photo albums are still works in progress (all started, but about 3/4ths complete). So, the fact that I've stuck with this for a whole year is pretty amazing. This is my 113th post. So much has happened since the blog began (Jeff moved to Charlotte, I'd officially worked at Davidson for a full year, I became an aunt, we got engaged, we bought a house, trips with friends and family, and lots of other crazy fun times). My goal for the next year is to be more in the moment and blog as things happen rather than doing the recaps like I've been doing. I think it's more fun to read others blogs when I know what's currently going on with folks rather than after. So, I'm going to try to stay on top of things more. Oh, and goal #2 is to take more pictures. So, you all have to help me stick to my goals!
So, in honor of my goal #1, below are some random thoughts I've been working through this morning:
- I'm a little peeved at our HOA. I've fixed it now. But, I sent a check for our first HOA payment for May about 2 weeks ago. It also had a form to set up autopayment by sending a voided check. But, as they always do, they say still send the regular payment because they have to process the autopayment stuff. Well, they processed too quickly and double-charged me. Boo hiss! I called and they're refunding me, but it's just annoying that they couldn't figure out that I didn't want to pay twice since the check for May and the autopayment form were in the same envelope. Silly people!
- I read this interesting article this morning... it basically says you shouldn't praise children (or college students) for their intelligence; but rather their work and persistence. Just food for thought.
- Still thinking about all of my Nashville peeps. Some of my folks have had a rough couple of weeks. :(
- I'm starting to plan the Staycation 2010! Jeff and I accidentally scheduled our staycation on two different weeks (so like us to do that). So, staycation 2010 has officially been moved to May 28-June 6 so that we can actually staycation at the same time. So far, the week definitely includes a Knights baseball game, a trip to Hendersonville and dinner at the Grove Park Inn, a night with Wicked, Shakespeare in the park, a trip to the Mint Museum, and much more. I'm also contemplating doing (ah hem, starting) some wedding planning that week. Wish me luck. We're looking at late May/early June 2011 and I've got nothing else for ya at the moment.
- I'm beyond excited about my evening tonight. Jeff's playing golf with work folks. So, Midas and I are in for a night of homemade mac and cheese and movie watching. What's playing you ask? Nine, the musical not to be confused with the post-apocalyptic animated film "9", followed by a viewing of Young Victoria. Oh I'm excited! Is that sad? I love a movie catchup night.
- Oh, in honor of my 1 year blog anniversary, I'm thinking of revamping the look of the blog. Any ideas?
Happy Anniversary!!! I always forget my blog anniversary. I am at my 387th post and I can't believe how fast things go. The best part about blogging is that you can see the things you have done and how your have grown.
ReplyDelete