Thursday, April 01, 2010

Hello Hello...

...Hola (gotta love a U2 reference)! Long time, no blog. 

So things have been nutso around here. Boston was great! I presented at my first national conference. I used my handy hold a paper clip in your hand while presenting to a room of your older and wiser professional peers. Worked like a charm. No nerves at all and got great response from those who attended. 

It was nice to get a break from all the crazy house stuff. But, no worries, it got nutty again when I returned late Wednesday night. Saturday was the official move day. Everything started out fine. The U-Haul people were actually quite nice. However, our movers decided to take the day off and when we called to see where the heck they were, it went straight to voicemail. Gotta love customer service. So, we ended up moving ourselves. We would have probably done this anyways if it wasn't for Jeff's recent appendectomy. It probably wasn't the smartest plan, but it's all good. I wouldn't say we were "moved in," but everything was in the house as of Saturday that was coming in.

We actually got a lot unpacked on Saturday and my parents came up Sunday. We took a quick trip to Target and Lowes for garage shelving and bike racks and had yummy lunch at Brixx. Then, we organized the garage. We still have to get the canoe rigged up so we can more comfortably get both vehicles in the garage. I don't know what we would do if Jeff still had the Tacoma. Thank goodness one of us still has a small car.

Jeff's been in Banner Elk, NC all week for work (and is possibly returning early this evening...yay). So, I've been doing house stuff every evening that I haven't had meetings. I spent all of Tuesday night cleaning out the old house, puttying all the holes we drilled in the walls, and making it look/smell like a dog didn't live there for 2 years. Success! So, we're officially residing in one home again...finally. Last night, I painted the entry way and got the remaining clutter out of the dining room (which we'd been using as our temporary storage unit until we decide where things go since we're getting my parent's old dining stuff they've been saving for us in their garage for quite some time). Tonight, I'm hanging curtains, shelves, and some pictures. It's coming along nicely! I have next Monday off, so I'm hoping to really get a bunch of the final detail stuff done then.

I'll post update pics tonight. It's not decorated yet, but it's starting to look more homey already.

No comments:

Post a Comment