Thursday, August 06, 2009

Last Season 5 Post

Ah...I know you're so disappointed it's the last post, right? Just kidding. I'm sure those of you who don't watch the show are so ready for me to blog about something else. But, I just didn't feel it was right to not do one last post. So, my original prediction of Kayla as the winner was incorrect even though she did remain my favorite this season. I was not surprised she came in 4th tonight. And, for some reason, I was okay with it. I really just wanted her to be in the top 4 so that I could see her in the final dances and that happened for me last night. To be honest, I'm just glad that Jeanine won out of the final 3. I think the girls way out-shined the boys this season, so I was glad to see one of them come out on top. She really grew this season and I like to see that happen. That's probably where Kayla lacked a little. There just wasn't as much growth. But, I'm sure we'll be seeing her again. She and Jeanine will both do really well in the dancing business.

As for the finale show tonight in general, I was a little disappointed in some of the dances they picked to perform again. Jai Ho just didn't do it for me, Asuka and Vitolio were two of the worst dancers of the season, and I'm not sure why out of some of the great numbers this season they chose to redo a dance we just saw last night. But, I love that Demetri/Tabitha/Napoleon group number they redid, the Travis Wall piece, and the addiction piece. I also thought Randi and Evan's butt dance was better than the first time I saw it. So, I was surprisingly happy to see that one again. For some reason, I felt like a Wade piece was sadly missing for me. It just would have made me extra happy! 

Now that I'm thinking back, I think this is the first time I'm really okay with America's decision and actually kind of happy about it. This was a season with some really talented dancers and I was glad two of my favorite girls made it to the top. It is a little weird though that the next season is coming so soon. I'm not sure I'm ready for mentally so I'm not sure how the choreographers and judges will be returning so soon. Hopefully, it's still high quality since they've just finished Season 5. I just think there's something to be said for a little break for choreographers to rejuvenate and get those creative juices flowing. But, maybe I'm concerned for no reason. We'll just have to wait and see what happens! 

Also, I just want to let you know that I won't be posting for a few days because I'm off to Nashville tomorrow afternoon for a little grad school ladies reunion this weekend. I haven't been back since graduation so it should be fun! I'll blog all about it on Monday! Until then...have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. ash-
    i put your blog on my RSS feeder as soon as i learned you were blogging. i have enjoyed reading your SYTYCD recaps. it's nice to have the perspective of someone who has some dance experience to even out the fangirl in me. i picked evan as my "pre-season" pick and oddly i was also fine with where he finished. i even voted for jeanine on wednesday night so i was happy with the results last night too. the only mistake i feel like america made was ditching janette over melissa in the top 6 week. can you imagine that superhero routine with kayla, jeanine and janette? magic! can't believe we get to start this all over again in 4 weeks. but that just means GLEE will be back too!!!

    have fun in nashy. if you happen to be hanging with any of the gang (which i assume you are) tell the girls i said hello.

    ReplyDelete