Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Finale Time

It's the top 4! Here's my thoughts...

First, I loved the stage tonight. It just gave the choreographers more space to work with. I think it was nice for the dancers to have some space. There were still some weird camera angles. I'm just traditional and like to watch a dance from the front. I don't like these awkward side angles.

Dance Rankings
1) Jeanine and Kayla- Mia: Cool concept. It was very back and forth who I liked the most in the routine. Jeanine was doing so much better for me in the beginning, but then Kayla took over the spotlight for me towards the end. It was just very strong and looked like it took so much control. Sure there were some timing issues with having to deal with all of those costume uses, but I really liked it. They're both so strong.

2) Jeanine and Evan- Sonja: Showed Jeanine's strength and technique and Evan did pretty well. He really committed to those falls. Really liked it and LOVED the song!

3) Brandon and Jeanine- Paso Doble: Strong for me. Nice lines. A couple of weird transitions for me where they kind of just walking around a bit. But, overall good.

4) Brandon and Kayla- Tyce: Tired Tyce needs to stop doing broadway! It was better than some of his this season, but it just wasn't great for me. Those turns in second were rough at the end there and some of the synchronization was off throughout. Kayla's lines were beautiful. That lift with her leg in second and he turns her completely was great. She has legs for days. She shined for me. But, overall it was just good, not great.

5) Group Routine- Wade: I love Wade, but I didn't like this. It was too literal and kind of boring for me.

6) Brandon and Evan- LoriAnne Jazz: Just bad for me. There were no levels in the dancing and it was just very heavy for me. I just didn't like it. 

7) Kayla and Evan- Jive: Stupid choreography. Enough said.

Solo Rankings
1) Jeanine- best one to date! I loved it. She went all out with that one. Those turns were ridiculous and her control was great!

2) Kayla- wasn't her best by any means...looked a little desperate to me. But, her lines still put her high for me, though I was a little bored

3) Brandon- good, but a little spastic for me. There were some good transitions though, but a little shaky and too fast for me.

4) Evan- standard, but not enough in it for me and the arm pit stains were really bugging me

Overall Rankings Tonight
1) Jeanine
2) Kayla
3) Brandon
4) Evan

Which dances will they bring back tomorrow night? 
Traditionally, the judges pick which dances they'd like to see performed again. The following are the one's I'd like to see again...

 

3) Janette and Brandon- Top 10 Week- Jazz choreographed by Wade Robson

4) Kayla and Brandon- Top 6 Week- Contemporary choreographed by Stacey Tookey

5) Janette & Brandon’s Top 12 Argentine Tango choreographed by Leonardo Barrionuevo and Miriam Larici 


Who will win?
As long as it's not another Season 2 (yes I'm still bitter that America picked the crying beanpole Benji as their favorite over TRAVIS) and Evan doesn't sneak in there and win, I'll be alright. But, the judges were all of a sudden so honest about how much weaker he is than the others. So, he might get sympathy votes now. We'll see. I'm voting for Kayla because she's just a beautiful and passionate dancer and I think she's been the best this season. She was consistent each week, I always looked forward to whatever numbers she was going to do, you can tell she genuinely loves dancing, and I'd love for her to win. But, ultimately, I think it will be Jeanine who comes out on top this season. She's got a great personality and she's a great dancer. She really laid it out there tonight, was funny, and was very passionate. I think people will vote for her because she seems really genuine.

But we'll have to wait for tomorrow night and see! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted. I got home from the gym last night to discover that all of our DVR recordings had been erased. This just goes to show that too much technology can be a bad thing. I'm going to revert back to using my VCR.

    ReplyDelete