But, on top of that, I think Midas has a little cold. He has a bit of a fever and has just not been himself the past few days...way too cuddly. He likes to cuddle, but not like this. So, hopefully, he'll bounce back and be the happy puppy I know and love (see below) soon. If not, I see a trip to the vet in our not too distant future.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009
My Poor Pup
So, while I was gone this weekend, my boys had it a little rough. On Friday, I got back from dinner in Nashville and had like 7 missed calls from Jeff (obviously, not a normal occurrence). I called him back and, apparently, when he let Midas outside in our back yard to use the facilities, Midas got sprayed by a skunk. Or as Jeff put it, "Your dog got sprayed by a skunk." I love how he becomes "my dog" when something goes wrong, but "his dog" when he's being cute. Those pesky skunks are all over campus, but I've never seen one in our yard. We think Midas thought it was a cat and just wanted to investigate. So, needless to say, Midas and our yard smelled atrocious. I really felt bad for them. Luckily, Jeff found some weird remedy on the internet and got the situation under control. When I came home on Sunday, there was definitely still a twinge of skunk smell, but it's not that bad. Supposedly, the last of it should dissipate in the next day or so. Thank goodness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A skunk! Oh my. What was Jeff's unique remedy?
ReplyDeleteSomething with hydrogen peroxide, dishwashing liquid, and baking soda. It worked well though. I think we're going to do one more bath tonight with the same formula in attempts to get rid of the last little bit of it. We'll see how it goes.
ReplyDelete