Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So, Maybe I've Been Overdoing It Lately

It's official...I'm sick. This tends to happen when I go full steam ahead for a while and then try to slow down a bit. But, this time, I was still moving full steam ahead, and this cold has decided to make me slow down whether I wanted to or not.

So, I guess I should fill everyone in on what's been going on lately since none of my posts lately have been about my life at all. So, the weekend before last, Jeff and I had Matt, one of Jeff's best friends from home, and his wife Abby staying with us while they were in town for a wedding. Sadly, I had to work and missed getting to go to A Taste of Charlotte with them. But, they were lovely enough to bring me back some tasty key lime pie (my fav!). Matt and Abby are such a fun couple and it's sad we don't see each other more. It's crazy how similar Jeff and Matt are...I guess that's what happens when you grow up together. 

The past week at work was a little crazy for me. I started working on orientation stuff again, our annual report about all of the programming and initiatives we've done over the past year was due, and I had my first performance evaluation of my life. The evaluation went really well (not that I thought I would bomb it or anything, but there's always that twinge of fear when it comes to this stuff). I've really loved this past year at Davidson and it was just nice to hear that they think I'm a good fit. I really like the people I work with and my students are wonderful. I really could see myself staying here for quite a while. 

This past weekend was an absolute blast! I headed home on Friday night to Columbia. Sadly, my dad was in Charleston on business, but my mom and I had a yummy dinner just the two of us. Saturday morning, we headed to one a mother/daughter bridal shower for English, one of my buds from high school. It's always fun catching up with everyone. Sadly, it seems like we only get together when one of us is tying the knot. We should probably fix that, but at least we do all keep in touch still. Below is a picture of all of my lovely ladies at the Caughman residence! 

The rest of Saturday, my mom and I did some shopping in Columbia. We hit my favorite shoe store and junk jewelry place. Not a single bite. I just couldn't find anything I was thrilled with. So, we went and had a late lunch at the Gourmet Shop. It's one of my favs...maybe just because I can get toasted brie and a baguette and it makes me feel like I'm in France again. Plus, they just have the coolest cooking stuff in that place. After that we headed over to my aunt's house to say hey to the fam.

That night English, Shilpa, and I headed to Wild Wing for a drink and dinner. We were going to go out, but it started pouring. So, we decided to head back to English's cute little bungalow and have some wine and bake cookies...great combo. Ali joined us later and we just got to catch up, which was great. We've decided we're all going to head to Atlanta and stay with Shilpa at the end of July to take some dance classes together and hang. Should be fun!

So, Sunday, I headed back to Charlotte and grabbed Midas to go to my friend Stacey's My Husband is Out of Town and I Don't Have to Work Monday Party. We just hung outside, had a couple of beers, and watched the dogs try to chase things. It was fun. We kind of continued the same theme on Monday night and had Stacey over for dinner at our place. Last night, Brooks, my lovely cousin, was in town visiting Neeley, her cousin, and Robert, Neeley's husband. So, Jeff and I met them for dinner at Brixx, yummy. I hadn't seen Neeley in forever, so it was good to catch up. It'll be nice having another young couple to hang out with in Charlotte!

So, needless to say, things have been busy around here this summer, which has not been great for my immune system. Yesterday, I had the starting signs (my entire body was achy and I couldn't hear anything). Today, it's moved on to a full out sinus infection. Yep, gotta love it. If I'm not better by tomorrow, I'm heading to the doctor because I'm off to the beach this weekend for English's bachelorette, and I refuse to be sick!

2 comments:

  1. Hope that you're feeling better!!! P.S. Love the new look for the blog! I am very impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacey! I'm feeling a good bit better now.

    ReplyDelete