Thursday, May 28, 2009

This Makes Me Want an iPhone...

So, I was reading one of my favorite blogs (Tech Crunch) this morning before I headed to work, and I saw a posting about a new iPhone application called Siri. I've always wanted a personal assistant because I think it'd be nice to just ask questions and have someone else find the answer for you. It just seems like it would make life easier. But, that costs money...unless you download Siri. It's an iPhone application that acts like a personal assistant. It has a voice recognition system, so you just talk into your iPhone and your assistant handles the rest. You just say things like, "Where's the closest Chick-fil-A?" or "I want tickets to Harry Potter as close to 6:00 pm as I can" or "When's the next flight to Chicago from Charlotte" and it tells you the answer and pulls up how to pay for it or directions how to get places, etc. It looks so cool. If you already have an iPhone, it comes out late this summer. I'd get it.

Click here to watch the demo video...so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment