Thursday, May 07, 2009

And So It Begins...

Welcome to my first attempt at blogging! A little over a week ago, I was cleaning out my office (to make room for Jeff's innumerable books) when I realized how large my "to be put in scrapbooks" pile was getting. If you're unaware, I enjoy being crafty, can make a mean scrapbook when I put my mind to it, and enjoy flipping back through old photographs and reminiscing on good times. That, along with the fact that I really enjoy reading fun blog entries from my friends, got me rethinking how I chronicle and think about the past events of my life. Now, when I'm looking back at old pics, I'm finding it hard to remember what else was going on at that time in my life and how I felt about the things around me. I've never been one that's formally journaled (unless it was for interim and part of my grade), but I'm relatively consistent at utilizing technology and being connected to the internet constantly. So, I'm thinking that I was never using the right medium. Thus, I'm setting out on this new adventure of blogging as a sort of online scrapbook of my life to share with you all. So far, I'm thinking my posts will be related to important things going on in my life that will help to keep my family and friends up-to-date, stories I think are funny, photos of things and people I love, and commenting on situations and world-events I find intriguing. I named the blog "All Over the Place" because I intend the things that I write about here to be a little random and unpredictable, and the fact that it will chronicle my life as I travel from place to place within it. I hope you all enjoy!

Love,
Ash

P.S. Being a millennial who has become accustomed to the constant feedback provided by facebook, please leave me a comment from time to time so that I know someone's out there.



2 comments: