This may be hard to believe, but this is the first year I've ever watched American Idol. When it first came out, I had dance class and didn't have time to watch it. Later, I just hadn't watched it before so I didn't see the point in starting. And, I'm kind of picky when it comes to which reality shows I'll watch. I don't like watching something where the total commercial time is longer than the show time. But, now that I have DVR (my grad school graduation present to myself and the best gift I think I could have ever come up with), I've started watching it because I can get through a 2 hour show in about 25 minutes when you cut out the excessive commercials and boring interviews. In that format, I've actually kind of enjoyed watching it. Some of the people are quite talented. However, for the past 5 weeks or so, I've been pleading with America to spare me my eardrums and sanity and VOTE OFF ADAM LAMBERT! Everyone seems to be so obsessed with him. But, I just don't get it!!! Yes, he can sort of sing (but it would be better if he stopped trying to randomly hit very high girly notes). But, he is so creepy and over-the-top! Every week it just get more and more theatrical. I think all of that time on broadway has ruined him for the mainstream pop market. And, trying to be Bono this week, what were you thinking?? So, I beg and plead with you, if you are one of those people who actually call in and vote on these shows (unlike myself who just complains and doesn't vote to change anything), PLEASE STOP VOTING FOR ADAM! And, by the way, I miss Anoop.
I couldn't agree with you more. Most of the time I'm not really watching the show, it's just kind of on in the background while I'm talking to Scott. But, I cannot stand Adam. All of his dramatic performances annoy the crap out of me and completely take away from the voice he may or may not have. So glad I finally found someone else who is not super obsessed with him.
ReplyDeleteI heart Kris :)
ReplyDelete