Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

Hello folks! I've loved reading your easter posts. It seems like everyone had quite the busy weekend. No exception here. Friday afternoon, Mom and I went to the Hayden Olivia and had my second wedding dress fitting. Much better! But, still a little big. But hey, only so much magic you can work in one session. So, they did their handy work and we were off to run errands at the mall and have some yummy grub at the Cheesecake Factory.

Saturday, Jeff and I went down to Adam and Stacey's for a cookout and adult easter egg hunt (candy, mini, liquor bottles, and lottery tickets :) gotta love it!). We had an awesome time and the dogs played for hours. We headed back up to Davidson that afternoon to meet up with Jeff's parents who stayed with us on the way back from a dig in Asheboro. Later that afternoon, I ran back to Charlotte to pick up my now finished dress and with a couple last stitches, it was done! Woohoo! Looks like my dress again. That night, we cooked out and watched The Other Guys. I thought the film was hilarious considering I'd heard no hype about it.

Sunday, we took Jeff's parents and Midas out to the lake campus. It was perfect weather. Then, my parents came up for Easter lunch. Again, yummy food.

I had yesterday off since the Davidson kiddos are on Easter break til Wednesday. So, I got up super early, got my hairs done, and headed out to Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden for my bridal portraits. Note to brides, do your portraits the day after easter. There's zero traffic, you'll get there 30 minutes earlier than you thought, the weather is gorgeous, and it'll just be you and the cute small school children at the gardens. Honestly, the kids were adorable. "Look at the bride," "Is she getting married today?" etc. We even took a picture by one of the school buses to commemorate the experience. Ha! I'm sure it will be one of my favs. It was a fun morning and I can't wait to see the results!

I'm back at work today and you can tell we're getting closer to finals. The students who are back from break already have their game faces on, there's lots of studying going on in the Union (not typically your study space), and it's eerily quiet. But, I'm not going to complain. I'm ready for the summer break.

1 comment:

  1. The Other Guys is Hilarious! I love the scene at the funeral when they were trying to fight and be quiet at the same time. I actually own that movie :)

    ReplyDelete