Monday, April 11, 2011

Wedding Season Begins

And the countdown begins... it's 54 days until the big day and the wedding festivities officially kicked off this weekend with an awesome Stock the Bar Couple's Shower given by my maid of honor, Rachel. She's a rock star and we had a blast with our parents, college friends, and Charlotte friends all getting to come together to meet and hang out. I have to say that Jeff and I both did pretty well at the "what would your significant other answer for the following questions game." It's important to know what my shoe size is and what the last year Jeff had a full head of hair (which we both answered correctly...9.5 and 2005 in case you need to know). Ha! Here are some fun pictures from the event below.

The fun guinness cake (Jeff's fav)...






















At Sir Edmund Halleys in Charlotte








The hostess with the mostest. What's a couple's shower without mustaches?
















Mustaches for everyone

















With the fams


















With the Charlotte crew (minus Jason)...


















Out with my girls after the party at Selwyn Pub
















So, needless to say we had a fun weekend with everyone in town! Sushi on Friday with Bec, Joel, Rach, and Joe, dinner with the fams on Saturday at Outback, and then yummy Mac's BBQ on Sunday with Adamson, Rach, Chad, and Joe! All that and I got to wrap up the weekend at work with Yoga at the Lake (such a rough job I have). The weather was just gorgeous and the sunset was breathtaking. I love my life! Thanks to everyone for making this such a great weekend. We love you all!

So what's in store for the week ahead? I have my first meeting with the orientation team this afternoon, they're finishing up the final drywall fixes at our house tomorrow (I'll have to post a picture because the house is a nightmare at the moment and you have to see to believe), I get to watch my great students perform in Dance Ensemble on Thursday, have our last huge event at work (Spring Frolics) on Saturday, and then I head to Columbia Sunday for another shower and reunion with my Irmo girls! I can't wait and I'm loving the wedding countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment