Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Heart Organization

"When do I need to be back from Columbia and the mud run so that we can leave and go back to Columbia on Saturday night for the shower after you finish work? - Jeff to Ashley

"You have a bowling party to celebrate the end of tax season tonight?"- Ashley to Jeff

"Who's staying home for this millionth dry wall repair appointment?" -Jeff to Ashley

"When are your parents are coming through this weekend on their way to a geological dig?"- Ashley to Jeff

"Wait, now you're going to be in Raleigh next week?"- Ashley to Jeff this morning

All questions from the past couple of weeks. So, what are we doing to stop asking all of these scheduling questions, you ask. We purchased two of these bad boys online yesterday from The Container Store (that place is my idea of heaven).























They're magnetic, dry erase monthly calendars. So, the side of our fridge will now keep us nice and up to date on what in the heck we're doing and who is where. Woohoo! I'm thinking Jeff should have a color, I should have a color, and things we need to both do should have a color. The thought of it just makes me smile inside. I've been obsessively tracking them on FedEx and they arrive on Thursday. Can't wait!

In other organization news, I spent the entire morning Saturday reorganizing our kitchen and dining room cabinets. The stock the bar shower threw us for a loop because we had no where to store all of our new goodies. Plus the wedding presents are starting to arrive (it's like a bit of Christmas every day when you get home from work...we love it). We now have enough bar ware and alcohol to officially go apply for a liquor license now, so come on over to the 21548 Old Canal Bar. No worries, there's no cover and we give a great pour. So, we had to do some rearranging. And that just led to me rearranging all of the cabinets downstairs (oh and cleaning out the closet under the stairs). Organizational productivity is my fav!

No comments:

Post a Comment