Wednesday, May 04, 2011

One Month!

Wow, we did the long relationship and the long engagement thing. So, to say it's one month until the wedding feels like it's so soon! We're really not nervous. It just feels weird to be coming up so quickly. All the major things are done, the RSVPs are rolling in (and it actually looks like we're going to have the relatively small wedding we were hoping for...yay! Well as small as 150 people will feel), and we're down to final touches and trying to keep up with thank you notes. We're excited to have our closest friends and family who can make it with us that day. Can't wait to see all of our favorite people in one place oh so soon!

Otherwise, we're just finishing out the school year strong. This past weekend was my last weekend of normal work. We had our last events of the year and had a gathering with the Union Board to thank them for a great year. Rach and Joe brought over Midas' new "Cousin," Maeby, who they rescued from the animal shelter. She's adorable and it was so fun to watch them play together. She was so good, especially for her first day with her new people.

Life's just as busy as always. Yesterday, we had a 10th anniversary celebration of the Alvarez College Union where I work. We've had a Union since the 50s, but we opened the space where I work now 10 years ago. It was great. We had cake, student performance groups, 10 cheers from campus celebrities for 10 great years, and it was just a great time for the community to come together. It definitely made me feel like I work in such a great space that's truly loved by the campus. Today's the last day of classes for students. So, I have one more meeting tomorrow night and I'm on duty next week in case there's a late-night issue (but it's exams, so I'm hoping it'll be quiet) and then I'm officially on summer break! Woohoo! Can't wait for things to slow down. It's been a semester I'm ready to be finished with. I'm ready to ditch some of these temporary duties and go back to my normal pace of really busy, but manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment