I'm going to try something new. Even if it's just a picture from the day, or a random thought I have, I'm going to try to post something every day.
But, let's play some catch up! Since my last post (yep, about a month and a half ago), I've been a very busy girl. Right after my last post, I went off for fall break with friends to St. Simons for a much needed vacay and Chris, Michaela, and Harper made a trip down to SC so I got some much need family time. Here are some pics.
The next weekend, I was working, but got to steal away to Atlanta for the day on Sunday for Kendra's wedding. I LOVE small weddings. You could tell that everyone there was really special to the bride and groom and it was so intimate and lovely. I wish I could have stayed longer because it was so fun catching up with my Vandy girls. Aren't they just lovely...
The next weekend, I met with a photographer I really like (and booked her.... check her out here) on Friday. On Saturday, my family and Jeff's mom came into town for the big day...wedding dress shopping. We went to three different stores in Charlotte and it was actually not a very stressful thing. The first store we went to, NY Bride, was a dud and I wouldn't recommend it to brides looking for dresses that haven't looked before. You don't have anyone helping you look through the dresses and they're just all in a giant room. A little overwhelming and I didn't think the selection was that great. So, we spent 30 minutes there, tried on one dress (not bad, but nothing great), and then headed to Nolan's Kitchen (yummy) for brunch before our next appt. The next two appointments were great and I'd highly recommend both stores. The only trouble was that I slightly fell for two dresses, one at J. Majors and one at Hayden Olivia. Ha! That seems to be my trend in this wedding process. I get down to two options very easily and then it's making that final choice that's hardest for me. I would have loved both dresses. But, the next day I just kept going back to one dress in particular. So, that's the choice. Hope you like it when you see it next June!
The next weekend was Family Weekend here at Davidson so I was working up a storm. It was gorgeous weather and the families seemed to really enjoy themselves. Sadly, it was the first year I couldn't make it back for Wofford Homecoming because it's the first time they've fallen on the same weekend. And, I just read on the Wofford website that next year's going to be the same issue. Oh well, so much for going to my 5-year reunion :(
The next weekend we headed down to Columbia for the USC-Arkansas game. I haven't been able to make it down to many games this year, but this was not one to see. We left in the 3rd quarter if that tells you anything. Apparently, I'm not good luck for my gamecocks. That Sunday, we did finalize a contract for a band for the wedding! Woohoo! We were having terrible luck with our bands. Each one we liked was already booked. So, I think we finally got a winner in the 4th round of selections. You can check them out here if you want a preview.
And on to last weekend (see we're almost caught up). My BFF Rachel flew up from Florida on Friday night and her boyfriend, Joe, who lives in Savannah, came up to surprise her and spend the weekend with us too. Then, Saturday, Rebecca came up from Atlanta to join us. We spent the weekend just hanging out, went to finalize bridesmaids dresses (the first one in the post below won), going to the Sheep Dog Trials out at Rural Hill, watching the terriers lose miserably to App State, and watching USC destroy Florida (ahh such a great feeling). Here we are watching the game (with wine)...
I miss my girls and wished they lived a little closer.
As you can see, things have been a little busy (but great) around here. In my spare time last week, I also did some craftiness around the house. We recovered the dining room chairs (totally tied the room together if I do say so myself) and finished painting the last white room left in the house. The upstairs bathroom is now officially Sea Green and I think it's a lovely touch.
I'm trying to think what else is going on. Oh, I just found out that I'm officially a new Junior League of Charlotte member starting in January. That should be fun. I've really enjoyed my recent volunteering and I'm excited to meet some new people in Charlotte to hang with. I'll keep you updated as all of those fun meetings start. Other than that, I'm working on Christmas presents. I have great ideas for this year, I'm just worried I won't be able to get them all finished in time for Christmas. We'll see.
Hopefully, you all feel updated on my life now.






I was about to say that I needed to get caught up in Ash's world :)
ReplyDelete