With the holidays, I haven't been able to talk with everyone about all the details. Return phone calls are starting tonight I promise! But, the overall gist of how it went down is below.
On December 22, 2009 (at what we're thinking was approximately 11:40 pm), Jeff officially popped the question. It went a little something like this:
Setting: We decided to go down to Columbia early since Jeff's office was really quiet. We went out to dinner at Harper's where I proceeded to have the filet topped with pimento cheese (heavenly). I helped mom wrap presents for a couple of hours and Jeff "headed to bed" early which turned into him talking with my dad (about politics, or so at least I thought).
About 11:15 I head upstairs for bed. I went to Jeff's room to have our typical recap the day/goodnight chat. For about the 500th time since we've met he asked me to marry him with his usual "I love you, but I'm just joking tone." I for the 500th time jokingly respond no.
Jeff: What would it take to make you say yes?
Me (still thinking he's joking): Three things: A pretty ring, get down on your knee, and actually be serious.
Jeff: You mean like this (proceeds to pull out a REALLY pretty ring, get down on his knee, and grab my wrong hand which I appropriately replace with the correct one). Will you marry me?
Me: Are you serious? (as I give him a big hug)
Jeff: Is that a yes?
Me: Didn't I say that?
Jeff: No
Me: Of course!
Perfection in my opinion. I'm not really one for over-the-top proposals. I mean if you're off to New York for the weekend and suddenly taking a carriage ride in Central Park, you probably know what's up. So, right before Christmas time when we could share our excitement with our families was magical. And, to me it was perfect because I was COMPLETELY surprised. No clue in fact. I was thoroughly impressed with his engagement skills.
So, here's the very pretty ring I mentioned earlier. He did good, right? And, yes, he took this the next day while I was driving. And, no, I did not wreck the vehicle.
And another (if you care to see another angle)...
And, to conclude this engagement announcement, I will leave you with two fun pics. One is from almost 6 1/2 years ago when this fun adventure began and one is from our post-engagement excitement. I can't wait to see where we'll be in another 6 1/2 years!

I remember us talking about the very first date :) cannot believe that was 6 1/2 years ago!
ReplyDelete