There are many new things in our house this year...I thought I'd share a few of those here.
1) Say hello to my new communication device.

Yes I broke down and got an iphone. It was time to get off the Sprint family plan (yes I was 25 and still on the family plan...sad, I know) and join the world of the connected. I can tell you that I have apps for writing this blog on there (so maybe I'll be more consistent), knowing what movies are available in which RedBox so I don't get there and the movie I want is out (I'm so excited about this one), streaming NPR live or picking any NPR shows of the past week I want to listen to (ah heaven), online banking, sport scores, photo editing, playing suduko whenever, and all the normal what's good to eat around here/check my facebook stuff. I'm enjoying it now that I've spent the last two days setting it up, downloading all of the stuff I want on there, and finally figuring out how to turn the ringer to mute so it doesn't go off in the middle of a meeting.

2) Jeff traded in the tacoma for this highly fuel-efficient ride. We took it to Savannah and were surprised at how much us SUV/truck loving fools enjoyed being back in a car. Who knew the civics were so roomy now?
3) May I officially introduce you to my new maid, Rosie the Roomba. Technically, she was a Christmas present that I've been using since mid-December. I'm telling you, she makes me happy. Every morning, I leave for work and just push clean. When I come home, I have a beautifully vacuumed house sans dog hair. Who can ask for more?
4) New art on the wall (I promise it's hanging now, just not when this pic was taken). Jeff's brother, Chris, is an amazing artist. As an engagement present, this beaut got to be a new addition on our wall in the dining room. I'm thoroughly enjoying having it there. I promise this pic does not do it justice.

5) After 1 week, I've decided that this machine (given to Jeff by my parental units this fine holiday season) has officially made Jeff one chipper fellow in the morning. It grinds and brews his coffee every morning and is ready before he even gets out of bed. I think it's made him much more tolerable in the wee hours.
I know this was a random post, but I'm excited about our new additions. They've just simply made life a little more enjoyable lately.
Oh, side note (and speaking of enjoyable), it's Anthropologie sale time. I am restraining myself from purchasing because as you can tell, we've done some heavy purchasing lately. But, a girl can browse. If I were suggesting for folks, I'm totally digging this, and this, and this, oh and this. Just some suggestions for those who might enjoy Anthro as much as me. Maybe I'm missing my calling in life and should really just be a personal shopper.
Ugh... I'm working on the whole getting off the family plan. You aren't the only one who was still on it... 24 and still on the Sprint family plan. Let me know how you like AT&T. Scott and I are back and forth about whether we get iPhones and deal with AT&T or settle for Verizon blackberries.
ReplyDeleteWhat's the app that allows you to update your blog?
ReplyDeleteIt's called BlogPressLite. It's pretty good for doing an entry on the go. The only thing I don't like is that if you do a draft on the application and save it, it doesn't show up in Blogger until you publish it.
ReplyDelete