But, no worries, I've done some internet research and watched the Today Show. And here are my top pics and biggest faux pas based off of what I've seen.
Worst Dressed (Top 7- I couldn't keep it to just 5)
#7 Mariah Carey
She should really be closer to #1, but I kind of expected a terrible look. So, she landed at #7. Put those things away at some point, Mariah!

# 6 Kate Hudson
Some people loved this look. But, from the footage I could see, she could barely walk in those shoes and never put down the train of the gown. To me, if you can't move in it or walk in it, it doesn't work. And I don't love that really stiff top it has. It's a little 80's for me.

# 5 Diane Kruger
Wow that's too many ruffles for me. And in that color. Yikes!

#4 Jennifer Aniston
She just looked too slutty. Sorry, that was just my immediate reaction.

#3 Jennifer Morrison
That color is terrible on her. And there is a reason that you should not wear an entire dress covered in ruffles. It makes her look way bigger than she is.

#2 Heather Graham
That hair is too tight and that dress is too loose. A bra is your friend.

#1 Cameron Diaz
A red dress is hard to pull off on a red carpet. I just don't like the shouldered dress look and the whole ensemble is too simple. Maybe different makeup and a great earring would have made it work for me.


Best Dressed (Top 10)
# 10 Julia Roberts
Some people thought this look was too casual. But, it's Julia Roberts and she can pull off anything she wants. I think the necklace is gorgeous and the whole look is fun.

#9 Amy Poeler
As I said before, it's tough to pull off a red dress on the red carpet, but she makes it work. I give her an A for this look. Very classic and pulled together.

#8 Emily Blunt
I still haven't totally decided whether I love this dress or hate it. I love the ruffles and edge it has, but I'm not sure I like it in this frosty pink color. But, I have a slight obsession with her fiance, so I went with loving it.
#7 January Jones
I just thought it was different, but classic at the same time. So many people are doing the asymmetric shoulder. I just thought this was a fun, yet not-totally-80s way of sporting that.

#6 Dianna Agron
I just thought this was lovely and flowy. A very good choice for her frame and skin color.

#5 Penelope Cruz
I love the look of lace if done nicely and with modern hair, which I think she pulled off well here.


#4 Anna Paquin
She always takes fashion risks, which I love about her. I thought this was a fun one that worked well on her.
#3 Drew Barrymore
I thought this was the best she's looked in a long time. The coloring is beautiful on her and I love the shoulder. I'm not sure it was necessary to have that hip action also going on, but I'm still cool with the overall look.

#2 Ginnifer Goodwin
This girl can do no wrong in my opinion. I LOVE that dress color and her whole look is just gorgeous from her hair, to makeup, and accessories.



#1 Maggie Gyllenhaal
Just make this dress up in white for me and I'll walk down that aisle in it. Love the shape and fit of this dress (the pic I could actually find to post here does not do it justice). I thought this was the showstopper.

What did you all think of last night's fashions?

Nice recap!! Here are my comments:
ReplyDelete- Doesn't Julie Robers like OWN the Golden Globes. I mean I think once you've won so many awards, you can do whatever you want. Thus, I thought her outfit was fitting.
- Penelope looked gorgeous except she went a bit far with the spray tan.
- Jennifer Hudson's dress and shoes were awful. Can't say I love the hair either.
- Sandra Bullock: the girl knew she was gonna win for best actress. Whoever did her hair needs to be fired.
- Ginnifer Goodwin can do no wrong in my book too but I was sad to see her not smiling.
- Emily Blunt: I LOVE the dress. I thought it was great. I would have liked to see the hair up and out of the face though.
- Oh Mariah! This is classic. I'm going to her concert tomorrow night. It should be a good time.
- Lastly, I don't know her name but she's one of the main characters in Glee. She was wearing a black dress and the thing was freaking huge. I'm sorry, but if you're a first time nominee for an ensemble category, you don't get to wear the big dress.
Ha! I love you Ships. Sandra Bullock almost made it to my worst dressed list. The only thing that saved her for me was that I thought the color was nice on her. The material looked weird though.
ReplyDeleteI know who you're talking about for Glee. She also almost made the worst dressed list because she looked like she was going to the Oscars. The Golden Globes does not equal massive ball gown. I think she was just way to excited to get dressed up and took it a little far.
Well at least I didn't have any of my top 10 in your worst dressed list. Loved Ginnifer in the blue but I was not digging her crazy eye makeup. It made her look like a bird. Was not digging Drew at all. She looked like she had some growths on her shoulder and hips.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you didn't list Sofia Vergara and Glenn Close, they were stunning. I would get their digits any day. Rose was bangin too but my girl was the best.
Halle Berry!!!! Oh my!!! Whew its getting hot in here :)
Ohhh and I forget... Why does Jennifer A. always wear black? Her buddy is following her trend as well, Courtney Cox.
ReplyDeleteI didn't enjoy Sofia's ensemble. Glenn looked good. I thought Halle looked a little Mariah Carey-esque. But, she does at least have the body for it.
ReplyDelete