Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Political Madness

I don't get political on here much (I'm actually not sure that I ever have). And this isn't really a political statement. It's more of a "What are you thinking spreading this nonsense?!" statement.

Oh Michelle Bachmann...

Please do not state as fact that the HPV vaccine that wipes out cervical cancer causes mental retardation without having any research to support you.

There are people out there that will believe whatever you say. I love that her response on the Today Show was to say that a woman she met and that she can't really remember much about told her her daughter was mentally handicapped now. Not really a strong basis for her statement. How about research??? How about saving young girls and women from having to deal with abnormal pap-smears and invasive procedures and cancer??? There is nothing to support your statement and I'm pretty ticked off about.

I'm actually not for mandating it like they have in Texas (though it does have an opt-out feature which Bachmann seems to keep forgetting). But, I am for not having politicians spreading unsupported and uneducated ideas in a national arena that could sway people from taking measures to prevent a life-threatening disease that still kills thousands of women every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment