Monday, September 19, 2011

Emmy Fashion Review

That's right. It's that time of the year where I pretend to be Joan Rivers! I love awards season. I'll admit that I haven't watched the show yet. It's DVRed, but the Falcons/Eagles game took precedent. While I love me some fashion, you have to prioritize for fantasy football some times :)

So, on to my emmy fashion review! Overall this year, my main word to describe the fashions is UNDERWHELMING. Come on ladies, give me a little something special. There were some standouts, but most fell into the ehh or boring or no way jose catagory. My rankings are below based off my online research. Again, some may change after I watch them live.


Top Picks
#1 Nina Dobrev in Donna Karan


















#2 Emily Blunt in Elie Saab























#3 Julia Stiles in George Hobeika (a Lebanese designer)















#4 Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang





















#5 Evan Rachel Wood in Elie Saab















#6 Kerri Washington in Zuhair Murad
















#7 Naya Rivera iLloyd Klein

















#8 Kiernan Shipka (I love Mad Men and she's adorable with her pointy flats)


















#9 Aubrey Plaza

















#10 Rachael Taylor in Giorgio Armani- this is my "you may hate it, but I love it pick." I love it! She's a stunning girl.













#11 Christine Baranski




















What Were You Thinking?
#1 Drew Barrymore in Givency

















#2 Jenna Ushkowitz in Ghadah Paris- not loving that dress















#3 Gwyneth Paltrow in Pucci- too revealing for me in most pics and just not flattering















#4 Kyle Richards- you look like a curtain

















#5 Julianne Hough- terrible color combo and hair

















#6 Juliana Margalize- not a fan of the curtain bottom and martian top















#7 Dianna Argon in Indigo Roksanda Ilincic- it's not horrible, it's just A LOT of bright blue fabric. I feel like a darker color could have looked great with this silhouette.
















#8 Kristin Wig- I'm not a fan of the brown gradient dress or the hair down with a plunging v-neck. One or the other.


















8. Christina Hendricks in Johanna Johnson (Aussie designer)- put the puppies away. I would have loved the dress if there was just a tad more fabric on top. 

















9. Zoey Deshenel- prom circa 1992. You're not 17 and are plugging a new show, wow me!


















10. Katie Holmes in Calvin Klein Collection: It the emmy's... a belt, really? I love the color. But, the hair is a rats nest and the neckline makes the girls look saggy and your shoulders look wide (and they're not).






















11. Julie Bowen- not loving the weird extension ponytail hair and the sequin work on the dress isn't my fav. She's also taking the Emmy diet a little too seriously for me. Put on a few pounds, ditch the sequins, and put the hair in a loose chignon and I'm on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment