Friday, September 16, 2011

A New Level of Customer Service

So, I was running errands last night and after my stop at Michaels for some photo frame mats, I decided to take a pit stop at the Mooresville Chick-fil-A. I love it there. It has a double lane drive thru and they're just so darn cheerful. So, I pulled up like normal ready to order my #1 no pickle with a diet lemonade. All of a sudden, there is this 17 year old girl's face on a screen in the middle of the menu asking for my order. I was so caught off guard. I could see the person taking my order and (I assume) she could see me.  What is this new technology?? I felt so much pressure to make eye contact which just seemed silly since it is a drive through. I actually fumbled through my whole order because I was mesmerized by this new contraption and I was completely thrown when she asked with a beaming smile if I needed any ketchup or sauces. All that was running through my mind was Huh? Sauces? Do I want any sauces? Can you see my contemplation on my face over this video thing? You're so cute and bubbly. Oh just say something you weirdo. "Uhhhh, BBQ sauce" was all I could come up with. Ahh the pressure. Hopefully next time I can come prepared for the drive-thru video ordering thing with my game face on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I have not seen that. I will totally freak out if that happens to me the next time I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a nerd... but i love nerds... so it works out

    -J

    ReplyDelete