The outside. Just added some flower boxes in the spring and can't wait for the weather to spunk up to put them out again.

The entry way/dining room. We painted (literally) everything in this house because it was a land of white before. We went with turquoise stripes in the dining room and cappuccino in the entry way. We added crown molding throughout downstairs and encased the dining room (which I don't have an after of at the moment).

More dining room. We have my parents old dining room furniture and just recovered the chairs. I think we're going to eventually move that painting into the breakfast room and do a wall of pictures there with sort of a French inspired picture frame collage. We'll see.

The powder bath right off the entry: Painted it latte, put in a "new" mirror we refinished from my parents' garage, new hardware, and rearranged the towel bar location and put up art instead.

The stairway off the entry. Painted latte and hung "the engagement painting" that Chris, Jeff's brother, painted for us. We love it! Eventually we're hoping for it to look like a gallery going up the stairs. I'm ready to get back to my goal of purchasing one painting I love a year and eventually having a collection I love.

The living room/breakfast area view from the kitchen entry. We didn't really change too much here other than painting the living area latte, adding a new rug, curtains and pillows to our already existing furniture. I think it cheers up the place!

More living room shots. Our giant new mirror. I forgot to include a picture of Jeff's new flat screen/surround sound setup, but you can imagine what that looks like.
The breakfast nook area. This area is still in transition. We're hoping to get a small sisal rug to go there, maybe change out the picture to something larger, add a valance over the window, and maybe get a small hutch for the corner to hold some dishes, etc. But, I do love the chocolate accent wall.

The kitchen (view from the living room). The chocolate brown runs in from the breakfast room accent wall all the way into the kitchen. We also added molding to and glazed the island to blend more with the cabinets and got tall bar stools. We eventually want to change out the counter tops, but that's to come later.

And upstairs we go! The master bedroom. We painted it silver sage (my fav), got new curtains, and moved the downstairs TV upstairs. Eventually we want to add molding, but I think that's it for in here.

Master bathroom. Painted sea green and added some accessories. That's it.

More master bathroom. Eventually want to put some kind of valance on the window.

Guest Room #1: Painted it latte (we bought lots of latte) and just used what we already had for this room.

Guest Bath: We used our leftover chocolate paint from the kitchen to spunk up the bathroom. We bought a new shower curtain (which isn't nearly as shiny as it looks here). We have some great tile left over from my parents' bathroom remodel that we want to replace the floors with in here at some point. But, for now, it's living in the garage.

Guest Room #2/ Office/ Jeff's man-room: Jeff got to pick everything for here (he picked Oyster Bay for the color, which turned out to look just like our master bathroom's sea green). It's still a work in progress. He wants some manly leather chairs and a bar to round it out. We had everything that's in here already from other parts of other houses, so it's kind of the catch all space.

More office pics. Our ridiculous book collection and office area on the opposite wall.

That's it. We did do some work in the backyard and got some outdoor furniture, but I don't have a picture since it's all covered up for winter. So, you'll have to come over in the spring for a backyard cookout to see what that looks like!
Hope you enjoyed.

ridiculous book collection???? i resemble that - Jeff
ReplyDeleteI'm going to assume you meant "resent" that. And I meant ridiculous in the way that it's overflowing and we need another shelving unit.
ReplyDelete