Monday, February 15, 2010

Best Valentine's Day Present Ever

So, I think we really outdid ourselves this year. Really, I'm not sure how we're going to top it.

Last Friday, we accepted a counteroffer on our first home! Happy early Valentine's Day to us!

I'd been really quiet about this one because (we've been deciding/offering on this one for about a week and put in the official offer Wed) I was starting to get a little disappointed after our run in with crazy cat lady and getting outbid on the other townhouse. But, third time's the charm! And, we like this one the best anyways. See...it all works out in the end.

So, say hello to our 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath townhouse located in Cornelius, NC (literally 5 blocks from our current house in Davidson) as the snow was falling on Friday...
























In this pic, you've got a lovely view of the dining room on the first floor. The upstairs windows are our two guest bedrooms that look out over the park.

It's located in a new neighborhood called Antiquity. The neighborhood about 30% completed at the moment, but it's selling really well now that they've got a good bit of it going now. They're finishing up Phase I over the next couple of months which is all residential/pool/parks. Then, Phase II will start which includes live-work, more single family homes, an upscale grocery store (they're hinting at Whole Foods, which would make me really happy), and some small retail stores. It'll take a 2-3 years to finish all of that though. Plus, whenever the projected lightrail gets approved to come up here from Charlotte (it's been postponed until 2011 for now...which probably means more like 2013) the Cornelius stop is at Antiquity. 

We're mostly excited about the location of our unit. It's right across the street from the main walking trails and a row down from the dog park. So, Midas will love it. Plus, it's still close enough to work for me that I could walk to the office if I really needed to. 

We're excited! So excited that we forgot to take pictures of the inside. I'll have to do that on Friday when we go back through it with Jeff's parents, or Sunday, when mine are coming to visit. 

Happy Valentine's Day to us...hope yours was just as fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. jealousy! congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THIS is great news :) Its so cute too!!! Lets catch up soon (other than via blog :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, I guess you listened to me :)

    ReplyDelete