Last night was Jeff's office Christmas party at Myers Park Country Club. Everyone was really nice and I mean they did have an open bar and shrimp and grits. What can be better? I did kind of feel like I was in a cheesy sitcom at certain points because there were some entertaining moments (i.e. drunk wives and husbands, the bartender almost burning down a table trying to make Irish coffees with the hot plate [no really, they had to get the fire extinguisher], some conversations with socially awkward people, etc). Fun times! But, in the back of our minds the whole time was the house we put an offer in on Tuesday night. It was a foreclosure that we stood to make a nice chunk of change on if we got it and have a lot more space than we'd thought we could afford. Our realtor said he was supposed to hear that night from the bank and would call us. Around 30 minutes before the end of the evening, we got the news that we got outbid. Bah humbug. We knew it was a bit too good to be true, but we still thought we had a decent shot at it.
After I had a bit of a 3 year old hissy fit in the parking lot, Jeff somehow convinced me to go to the after party at this local pub nearby. I'm glad he did because it actually took my mind of things and helped me realize that it's not that big of a deal. We'll find a house we really like soon enough.
This morning, life through me an additional bit of spunk up. I stepped out my door to walk to work and tah dah!
It's snowing! Life is good. And, some times it just takes a little thing like snow falling to remind me and make me smile. What did Midas think of the snow today?
"It's falling in my eyes mom and I just want to go back to sleep." (Side note, isn't he so handsome in his Christmas collar?)
So, I'm over the whole house thing and am looking forward to a fun weekend. Tonight, Jeff and I are finally going to cook the lasagna I've been craving all week and wrap the remaining presents that have arrived on our doorstep over the past few days. Tomorrow (weather permitting), we're going down to Spartanburg for the Wofford/South Carolina basketball game. And Sunday, we're spending the day hanging with friends and just enjoying this great winter feeling going on right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment