Thursday, October 08, 2009
New Medicine...Finally
Hello all! So I thought I'd update you that I finally caved in and went back to the doctor this morning. I've had this gross cough since before Labor Day so we're going on a little over a month now. It sort of got better for about a week somewhere in there, but it's back in full force these days. The doctor told me that it's really weird for it to have stayed around this long and not something he sees very often. So, he thinks that it was initially just an upper-respiratory virus. But, with all of my hacking and stuff going around this season that some bacteria has formed in my lungs and now I have some kind of bacterial infection which isn't letting the cold go away. So, now I've FINALLY got some real drugs. It's a lovely cocktail of antibiotics, mucas breaking up stuff, cough suppressant stuff, and codine stuff to help me sleep. He thinks this should knock it out. But, if it's not gone in a week or if I start running a fever, I have to go back to get a chest x-ray because he's worried that it might be developing into pneumonia (pronounced puh-nemonia at our house) at this point. But, since I don't have a fever right now and feel okay, he wants to try this cocktail of meds first and see how I do in a few days before we start looking into bigger stuff. But, no worries. I still feel fine, I've just got to get rid of this dang hacking up of the lungs. I'll keep you posted how the drugs do later this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you feel better soon & I'm also glad to see you're alive and well in the blogosphere as well ... love the reads!
ReplyDelete