Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weekly Update

So, I'm kind of in a bad mood. But, it's Wednesday and I feel obligated to update you on my life. 

Recent things that have put me in a bad mood:
  1. This rain is ridiculous. In the famous words of Lucky from 101 Dalmations "my nose is froze and my ears are froze...and my toes are froze." Really, my toes have been cold for two days now and I'm over it. Plus, I just want some dang sunshine in this usually beautiful part of the year.
  2. I'm still not over this cold/weird infection. The antibiotics have helped a lot, but it's still lingering. So, I'm waiting until tomorrow before I call and go back AGAIN. 
  3. This weekend, I apparently coughed so hard that I pulled a muscle in my back/side. It's really not fun. I didn't realize how much you use that part of your body until I did this. Last night, I bought a lifetime supply of icy/hot medicated patches that essentially cover my entire side/back. Jeff went to Columbia to see some speaker last night at USC with some friends and come back this morning. When I just saw him for lunch, his first reaction was, "you smell like icy/hot." Good to know I smell delightful today.
  4. The news cycle needs to move on from talking about Obama and this dang Peace Prize. I don't care. Good for him. Let's figure out health care.
  5. I went to the Carolina game this weekend and it was too nerve-racking. It was Kentucky for crying out loud. Yes, I should be happy we won, but the score did not reflect how that game looked. Kentucky could have easily kicked our butt if their quarterback hadn't keeled over after the first play of the second half. Oh, Saturday's game against Alabama is not going to be pretty.
  6. I just found out that while So You Think You Can Dance tonight is in Las Vegas again (yay for seeing good dancers and I think Mia Michaels is going to kick some serious booty tonight with her routine), they're not picking the top 20 until next week. Ugh, get to the good people already!
  7. I really want to go to dance class because I missed two classes at the end of last week because I was coughing so badly, but I'm not sure I should because I'm worried about really messing up my back and I just want someone to make the decision for me whether I should go or not. 
Things that provide me hope that I'll get over the things above soon:
  1. This cold can only last so long and it is better enough so that my students aren't looking at me like I'm going to infect them at any second.
  2. Icy/hot medicated pads are oddly satisfying. Well worth the $8.18. It's like getting the effects of a nice massage for "up to 8 hours"
  3. I got a ton of work done over the past two days while my students were on fall break and got to sleep in until 9 am both days. 
  4. A few weeks ago we took Midas to the vet for his annual visit. He was great (lost a ton of weight and we apparently added "5 years to his life" and all his blood tests were normal). However, apparently he had crystals in his urine sample. So, we had to wait until this week and redo that test. If he still had it, it meant he probably had kidney stones and needed to go on some special diet until the end of time. Luckily, everything came back normal this time. The vet says it just must have been a fluke. Yay healthy dog! 
  5. I get to preview The Hangover tonight for our screening this weekend. I've heard it's really funny. 
  6. We're contemplating making a day trip down to the Wofford/App State game this Saturday. It's always fun to break out the black and gold even though we're going to get killed.
  7. I made mac and cheese from scratch last night, which means I get to have yummy leftovers tonight!
  8. Oh that reminds me...Saturday, I went to Blue Marlin with the parental units and had my favorite shrimp and grits in the world. Oh, it was heaven. I have their recipe somewhere. Later this week, I'll post it for everyone.
  9. I am wearing my cute, new black and white scarf from Anthropologie today and it makes me happy. Some people belief in the power of positive thought, while I believe in the power of a fabulous ensemble to help you get through the day.
I ended up with more positive than negative. So that's good, right?

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. Sometimes I just want to leave a big fat negative post on my blog, but Im afraid people will take me too seriously or something. You pulled it off nicely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend...

    Some thoughts. Hangover = hilarious
    Homemade mac n cheese = the best
    I'm going to do crock pot mac & cheese soon ... yum yum

    ReplyDelete