Thursday, November 10, 2011
My New Obsession
I've heard all this talk about Pinterest, so I signed up just to check it out. It's my favorite thing EVER! Essentially, it's like being in the office at your house and putting up a wall of bulletin boards. Then, print out all of your favorite things from blogs, tear out your favorite pages from magazines and catalogues that come in the mail, pull favorite quotes out of books, and take pictures of fun things you see. Then catagorize them all up on different bulletin boards based on categories like food, clothes, decor, art (whatever you want them to be...you decide). I love it. All of my favorite things in one place! And it's so easy too. All you do is sign in with your facebook account and drag the "pin it" button into your bookmark bar. Then just click the "pin it" button when you see something on a website you want to add to your board. Let's say I'm on anthropologie.com (not that I ever do that) and I see a great pair of earrings I like. I just click "pin it" and then in pops up a screen with all the jpegs on that page and I select the picture with the earrings and add it to a bulletin board (in this case my "put it in my closet please" bulletin board). Then, later when I say, there was this cute sweater I liked, you just go to your bulletin board and click on the image and it takes you right back to the original page the image is from. You can also "repin" from your friends' pages if you like something from their bulletin boards. So fun and so many great ideas out there from crafty, artistic, and fashionable people. I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


wow... OCD much????
ReplyDelete-J
I was just saying how it's the perfect mix of my OCD side and my creative side. You should like it because the christmas present ideas should be flowing for ya :)
ReplyDelete