Friday, November 18, 2011

Holiday Season

My holiday season has officially begun! I simply LOVE this time of year. Last night was my last late night at work for the semester. I'll still have lots of meetings and such, but nothing after 11 pm until mid-January (woohoo vacay)!

We've had an interesting week since I've posted last. Last Friday, we lost phone, cable, and internet to our whole neighborhood because who knows why. So, it was a pretty boring evening of Mexican food and raiding the blockbuster for 5 for $20 blue-rays.

Saturday, Jeff and I went down to WoCo for the big game. It was also Wofford Scholars Day for the early decision students, so while Jeff and Joe tailgated, I did some scholarship interviews with 3 wonderful youngsters that will become excellent terriers. We also saw almost as many people at the Wofford-GSU game as we did at homecoming. So fun! Too bad we couldn't pull out the big W.

Sunday, Jeff and I headed to the Panthers-Titans game. We apparently are not good luck for the Panthers. I've been to 3 games in the last 2 years and we've won zero of those. Not that they win much, but they didn't even show up to play last Sunday. At least the food at BOA stadium is delightful and we had a really fun drunk middle-aged mom embarrassing her college-aged son by jumping up and dancing every time the "topcats" danced. Ha! Pure entertainment. It was fun watching my old hometown battle it out with my new hometown. Too bad it wasn't much of a battle. Maybe next time.

Sunday/Monday we had a transformer blow up and catch fire right outside of our neighborhood. So we lost power (on top of our no cable or phone...our internet was back by then). Sadly it was out for almost 24 hours, so we lost almost all of our food in the fridge/freezer. Luckily, most of the stuff in the freezer needed to be tossed anyways and we'd been gone most of the weekend and had eaten most of the stuff in there. Say hello to our empty fridge with essentially butter and vinegar based dressings remaining. So sad. Midas is eyeing our anniversary cake (we're hoping it's not totally frosted over now) in the freezer :). Who can blame him?




























As for the rest of the week, it's business as usual. We are still utility challenged in the cable/phone department which is annoying. But, it's been busy, so it hasn't been all bad to not have that distraction. After a bit of work this evening, we're off to Columbia for the weekend. Woohoo for more football and Mom's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment