Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Annual Golden Globes Fashion Review

So, I'm no Joan Rivers, but I do LOVE seeing all the pretty dresses at the start of the awards season. The oscars are a little too formal for me, so the globes are my fav. Below are my biggest hits and biggest misses. Enjoy!


WORST DRESSED

#10 Natalie Portman
Not terrible, but other people seem to love it and I don't see it. I just don't enjoy the red/pink combo. I think it'd be prettier without the giant red flower and just the simple pink with a more dramatic necklace.















#9 Angie
Please say no to the shoulder pads! They cannot come back into fashion.

















#8 Lea Michelle
Baby pink just isn't my favorite color on anyone. I didn't like that it looks like she has a whole other dress attached to her hip. Eh! She doesn't look terrible, but she could do a lot better!


















#7 Jennifer Love Hewitt
No one with larger breasts should then put giant fans out in front of them. No no.

















#6 Olivia Wilde

Some people loved this giant brown frock. I hated it. She's a cute girl and this did nothing for her. And I hated those gold shoes too. Boo to the whole look























#5 Nicole Kidman
Just bored me to tears. Wrong color for her.




#4 Christina Hendricks 
That's just way too much red and that shoulder is eating her alive. That's all.

















#3 January Jones

What in the world. She is stunning, but that dress is too much! Too much red, too much stomach, too much boobs! And tassels, really? I'm sure every guys' jaw was on the floor, but she can do so much better. She made it to the "best" list last year. Most disappointed with her.














#2 Four-way tie between Michelle Williams, Leighton Meister, ScarJo, and Sandra Bullock


These dresses are all so similar and yet so bad! Flowy nude coloring, poorly fitting, vintage nightmares! Help them. The only reason Michelle Williams is a little above the others is that I love her new pixie hair. But, it wasn't a reason to go completely flower child on us. 



#1 Julianne Moore
Oh dear! One puffy sleeve, bad middle parted updo, dress two sizes too big, bright pink, and bad side slit. Nothing is right here!




















BEST DRESSED


#8 Anne Hathaway
Now the puffy sleeve bugged me a little or she would have ranked higher. But, her hair and makeup were superb and that low back was beautiful. Nix the puffy sleeve next time Annie.
















#7 Catherine Zeta Zones
That color was stunning. I thought she was a little over-dressed for the Globes, but she was still stunning.

















#6 Julia Styles


I'm not sure where Julia Stiles has been lately, but she looked pretty good in that black frock.

#5 Eva 
While she looked a little overdone hair wise, I thought it was a decent look. I love the flowy bottom. This in another color might have been nice. Even if it was just a dark plum and not black.
#4 Emma Stone
I don't think the photos do her justice and I feel bad that she's having to wear that extreme blond color of hair because of her role in spiderman, but in video I thought she looked killer in this matte peach cap-sleeved Calvin Klein frock. Some people are hating it, but I love the simplicity and color.
#3 Sofia 
It's hard to dress those curves, and she looks rockin. It hugs in all the right places. January Jones, take note that this is how you show your curves. Not by putting them all out there for everyone to see.
#2 Claire Danes
Oh Calvin Klein you're rockin my world tonight. So simple, so chic. 


















#1 Mila Kunis
That green (which is showing up brighter here), the fit, the draping. Loved it! You're my winner this year. 



3 comments:

  1. No Halle Berry? She was GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry about january jones, no guys jaws were on the floor because no guys watched the golden globes - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you do this :-) It always makes my day!

    ReplyDelete