Feb 18-21: I had a great birthday weekend including dinner with Jeff's parents on Friday night, a fun morning interviewing potential new terriers at Wofford on Saturday morning, a great birthday surprise at midnight from my students as they serenaded me with a lovely rendition of Happy Birthday and some Backstreet Boys in the Union in front of 400 of their fellow students (very classic moment), and lunch with my fam on Sunday.
Feb 22-23: Jeff rushed himself to the ER on Monday morning and I met him there around 1:30 with stabbing stomach pains. He had an emergency appendectomy that night (his parents returned to help us out with the dog and such that evening...so sweet) and we returned home around noon on Tuesday.
Feb 24-25: After many days of interviewing and reviewing applications, the 2010-2011 Union Board is selected at 12:30 am on Feb 25! Yay! Can't wait to start working with them officially next Monday.
Feb 25: Jeff returns to work declaring that he's fine. Umm hmm.
Feb 26: JEFF'S BIRTHDAY and the start of Davidson Spring Break! Jeff, Jason, and I went to the Prickly Pear for dinner and saw Shutter Island to keep it kind of low-key. I'd highly recommend the movie. It's not scary at all (like the previews suggest). It's a fun thinker-thriller. Even though Jeff and I had it figured out 15 minutes into the movie, it was still fun.
Feb 27: Finally finished all of our home loan paperwork (geeze there's so much of it!) and took a fun trip to Lowes to get some inspiration for the new house. There was also a dog park visit and Daniel came up to take us out to dinner for Jeff's birthday.
Feb 28: Is it bad that I don't remember what I did this day?
Feb 29 (UPDATE: MARCH 1, THIS IS NOT A LEAP YEAR...): At 6 am, the stomach virus hit me. I spent the rest of the day praying that it would just stop, but no luck. By the afternoon, I was able to keep gatorade down. Victory!
Today, I went back to work because I couldn't stay in bed any longer and the vomiting has subsided. I still feel icky and people keep saying I look really pale (I don't know it's possible for me to look much paler than I normally do). But, I'm feeling much better than yesterday. Another 12 hours and I think I'll be good as new!
Sorry this isn't very detailed, but that's all I've got in me at the moment. Be on the lookout for new pics of the house (inside and everything!) and two things we got tickets to this morning that I'm really excited about.
P.S. It's snowing again!
I hope you feel better AshMam!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that there was a Feb 29th this year. Monday was actually March 1st. My Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteNice catch. I must have gotten on a role with my dates. Ha! That's funny. I think I'll leave it up for you to enjoy.
ReplyDelete