I just have to send a shout-out to my Boston Terriers in their defeat of the Wildcats last night! I was there in my black and remaining somewhat neutral in appearance (even though 3 fellow terriers decked out in black and gold were sitting next to me). But, in my heart I wanted my terriers to kill them. And they did! Wofford held Davidson to only 5 baskets in the first half and were up by over or close to 20 for the majority of the game. And my heart was happy at the end when Coach Young let all of the bench warmers get to play for the last couple of minutes. That's always a sign of a great defeat! Last night's win was also historic! It was the first time Wofford has won against Davidson at Davidson since 1990 (20 years people)! And, at that point, Wofford was Division II. Not only did we win last night, it was more like a massacre.
The final score: 73 to 51
Congrats terriers! Did my fellow terrier fans and I sing the Wofford alma mater (as is the tradition after the games at Wofford, win or lose) from the Davidson faculty/staff section at the end of the game, you ask? Have I done nothing but give my office-mates grief today? The answer is a big ol' absolutely!
Never underestimate those feisty terriers.
Go Mountaineers! :)
ReplyDelete