Monday, June 04, 2012

What A Year

I just want to send a quick shout out to my hubs. It's our 1st wedding anniversary today. Thank you for the best year ever!! I can't believe it's been a whole year, but it's been a fabulous one. Love you so much!

I can't believe all of changes that have taken place even in the past few months. I sort of alluded to it in my last post, but there have been especially exciting changes recently in the Owen household on the job front. Jeff just took a senior internal audit position with Lowes corporate (hello home improvement discounts) a couple of weeks ago. So far, he really loves it. The hours are great, and the people have been very nice. Bonus, he works with Amanda so I get to see her all the time.  

And, I just got promoted (June 1) to the Assistant Director for Programs of the Alvarez College Union. Both opportunities sprung up over the last month and we couldn't be more excited for the new opportunities it brings. Jeff won't be traveling as much and doesn't have to spend 2 hours a day commuting; and I get to oversee concerts, the endowed lectures, and the performance arts series and supervise a couple of people now. We're most excited about the fact that this gives us more time together now and that it means we can plant some roots in Davidson with more permanent level positions. And, we love it here, so that's a great thing!

The summer has been wonderful so far and we've had a busy social schedule so far this summer. I'll post some pics tomorrow of some of our adventures so far. But, for today, I wanted to post some of my favorite wedding pics from one year ago today. They finally made their way to facebook as well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment