Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Into the Happy Folder

It's been a busy few days around here. Saturday, we celebrated Jason's departure to Denver with dinner at Midwood Smokehouse and some time at Thomas St. Tavern. It was a great mix of the Charlotte crew and Union Board alums. We're going to miss him! Luckily he doesn't really leave us til June 30th so one more low-key night of fun awaits us.

Sunday, Nana and Poppy (my dad's parents), my Uncle Chuck and Aunt Jacquie (my dad's brother), and my parents came up to celebrate Father's Day. They live in Florida, so hadn't seen our place or Davidson yet. It was fun to show everything off to them. We love it here, so we're glad they get a sense for where we live and work now when we talk about it.

Monday, I headed to Asheville for the North Carolina Presenter's Consortium annual conference. It was great to hear what other performing arts series are doing as best practices and what the different venues are up to across the state. What a fun bunch of presenters :)

I headed back to the office this morning and had a great surprise awaiting me. One of my first advisees when I came to Davidson graduated in 2011 and stayed on as the leadership office fellow for this past year. Yesterday was her last day and she left me the little surprise below in my box for my return to my office. HR gives us these to give out (one at a time to folks throughout the year and she'd saved them up for me). Obviously, I'm going to miss her. I don't really want to spend them. They may just go into my "happy folder!" I really do have the best job ever. Thanks Megan! I'll miss you and sorry I missed your last day :(




























2 comments:

  1. Happy Folder? Where did you get that idea from? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A certain amazing advisor of my own ;)

    ReplyDelete