This is always one of my most favorite times of the year. There's always family, fun, time for reflection on the past year, and looking on to things to come. That last one always seems to leave me a little baffled though. Jeff asked me what my new year's resolution was and, to be honest, I couldn't really come up with one. I'm not sure I've ever really made one. Sure, I'd like to be more organized, eat a little healthier, and drop a few pounds. But, in reality, I'm pretty obsessively organized already and Jeff may turn me for one of those True Life: I'm Overly Organized shows at some point. So, I'm not sure I should really feed into that side of myself more than I already do. And, is 5 lbs really enough to make a resolution over? Eh. So, after much reflection over the past few days, I'm attempting to make a few new resolutions this year. It's kinda fun making resolutions for the first time. We'll see how I do.Ashley's 2012 Resolutions:
1) Take the GRE this summer and apply next fall for doctorate programs. Nerd alert.
2) Call my friends. I'm terrible at calling people. I stalk your blogs/facebook/pinterest, long for your email updates, and love to see you all for little reunion dinners and weekends, but it's time to actually talk more and see how things are going in some one-on-one conversations. My goal is hitting everyone up at least once a month to start out with. So, look out for a phone call from me in the near future.
3) Save more. This past year has been a lot of fun with the wedding, traveling a good bit, and buying things for the house. But, it's kind of time to stop spending and save a little more of my money after such a crazy year.
4) Go back to the dentist. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I haven't been since right before grad school. Yes, that's 5.5 years ago. I know, I know. My teeth are just so darn sensitive and I just hate going. I used the "I'm poor without dental insurance" excuse for a while, but I've had dental insurance for about 3 years now and I've just been a coward about it. But, I've made a decision to get over it. So, I've already made an appointment for a couple weeks from now at a new dentist and I'm going to start going twice a year again like I'm supposed to.
Tada! It's a start. Stay tuned and see if I follow through with everything.
I should add calling people to my list as well. I am the same way. And AMEN to hating the dentist. You are not alone. I am so not judging you because I didn't go all three years of law school. But that was one of my resolutions, so that I will not pass my hatred of the dentist onto our kid!
ReplyDeleteWell I am lucky, I have talked to you twice in one week!
ReplyDelete