Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ski Weekend 2012

Hey peeps! The students are officially back at Davidson as of yesterday. Wow that was a long break (not that I'm really complaining). Before the craziness picked up (which it already has), we took advantage of MLK weekend for our 4th Annual Ski Weekend at Sugar Mountain near Boone. Finally, we've found the right time of year. We've gone anywhere from mid-December to mid-February and have never had good weather. Finally, it was good enough to really ski! We headed up on Friday afternoon and while we were there got about a foot of fresh snow. It was beautiful and we had such a great time with friends.

Technically, this was the 4th time I've ever had on skis. The first was a lovely night skiing expedition freshman year of college (thanks Cass for my first ski lesson) where I just wedged down the mountain most of the night. Then, our 1st annual ski trip, I had on skis for about one trip down the mountain where it was pure mud/slush, so abandoned that pretty quickly. As I mentioned, Jeff and I went a couple of weeks ago for an afternoon in preparation for this trip where we worked on turns and I mastered the greens. I have to say, I've improved greatly and I've made it up to skiing the blues this time! Not saying there weren't any falls or bruises, but hey, I'm still alive, I'm a decent carver, I can now stop, and I'm really enjoying it. Jeff's so excited I finally like one of his hobbies. Sadly, I don't have any pictures actually skiing, but I was worried about my camera busting. So, enjoy some pics below from the rest of the trip! Can't wait for next year!

Jeff and Ned before night skiing on Friday

Some of the girls on a walk

All bundled up

Our house for the weekend

Of course there were snow angels

We found a tree house



Tubing

I'm a dare-devil tuber :)

No comments:

Post a Comment